Koryak the Male Channeler

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Ryzom

Re: Koryak the Male Channeler

Post by Ryzom » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:09 pm

Pure speculation and making assumptions is a good way to start unnecessary drama and bullshit than anything else, story as old as time!

Draz

Post by Draz » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:21 am

Conall didn't realise incin doesn't need to be unengaged to weave, is all good.

Failing his flee sucked, but wouldn't have amounted to anything much.

People are very eq oriented, personally unless I specifically dislike a player I'd recommend running incins shortly after the beginning of the tic; at least that way either you have a chance to take the eq, they have a chance to drop the eq, etc.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:00 am

Elysia wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:45 pm
Moved to a more appropriate forum, since with zero effort, it definitely doesn't belong in RP forum.
Thank you. I honestly posted on the wrong board. I'll watch that going forward.

Thore

Post by Thore » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 am

Ryzom wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:09 pm
Pure speculation and making assumptions is a good way to start unnecessary drama and bullshit than anything else, story as old as time!
You haven't been around look enough to be jaded! Keep at it.

vaheed

Post by vaheed » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:14 am

Thore wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:05 am
Ryzom wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:09 pm
You haven't been around look enough to be jaded! Keep at it.
Its not even really that. Right now he seems to be targetting seanchan which is fine. How long before we humans have to worry they will be eq farms for someones high ranking ls char that they got with one of the most ridiculously easy classes to murder with and at no reprecussions for their high ranking alt. Which is also still not against the rules. It is however curious as to what folks will do to others in the name of eq. Look at who gets triggered by my post and you will find your biggest offenders.

Ryzom

Post by Ryzom » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:36 am

Lol I got stabbed yesterday by some random in TV rent for a full dodge kit and shocklance. Never heard of the idiot before, but who cares. Eq is eq, have 0 care for who alts what to where and why.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 pm

I don't really understand your complaint vaheed. I've never used incin or been incinned so ignore if I'm wrong- but my understanding was that when you get incinned your gear is also gone. If that's the case, wouldnt someone would wants murder for eq use another method?

vaheed

Post by vaheed » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:58 pm

Skurk wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 pm
I don't really understand your complaint vaheed. I've never used incin or been incinned so ignore if I'm wrong- but my understanding was that when you get incinned your gear is also gone. If that's the case, wouldnt someone would wants murder for eq use another method?
So incinerate takes you down to one hit point. You see how he's trying to run a flame strike just after that? You have until the tick to get your equipment dropped. He just didn't have it timed well that the tick hit just as is incinerate did.

And my complaints so to speak is not necessarily for myself but just pointing out that this is generally a tactic used by unsavory Folk to get gear for there usually lightside Clan Masters.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:14 pm

Oh I see thanks for clearing that up - hasnt been a lot of incinning mcs around since I started playing so didn't understand the mechanic. Makes sense now.

Thore

Post by Thore » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:13 pm

It's not enforceable therefore it's not enforced, but people (myself included) use alts to help out their alts. Often it's just using a rogue to smob farm for eq, but sometimes it's incin / fstrike on a rando MC after the high level alt has taken a glance at someone with a nice kit. See Rig'e post above, sometimes it's stab but that's harder.

With the ease of leveling now I'm surprised we don't see more level 51 MCs popping up and incinerating people. Perhaps we will. Back in the day you had to be extra vigilant, these days you don't have to be as vigilant but maybe we are returning to needing to be extra vigilant again?

I'm not accusing the guy like Vaheed did, but I'm corroborating what has historically happened all the time on WoTMUD. Those that have been around long enough will know.