Epic Seanchan fail

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Wynd

Epic Seanchan fail

Post by Wynd » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:22 am

I'm a gleeman - not wanted by Seandar mind you. This is fair warning to those that don't respect the RP. (I was trying to get my Ninkala mob to falme to see if she would get aggro, and had to flee out, said hello and Yonio appears - ignored me when pressed and did apologize, but rather than help he ignored me)

* HP:Critical MV:Weary >
rep I'm trying to get my assitant Ninkala to work and some brainless idiot is charging me while
trying to perform
You reply to Yonio 'I'm trying to get my assitant Ninkala to work and some brainless idiot is
charging me while trying to perform'

* HP:Critical MV:Weary >
Tic in 7 seconds!
rep you can bring my gear straight to wherever I please is what will happen sir
He can't hear you.

Yonio narrates 'Hello, Gleeman.'

* R HP:Healthy MV:Strong >

*Yonio* has arrived from the north, riding a warhorse.

*Yonio* sheathes a steel lance with crimson-red streamers into a leather baldric.

*Yonio* skillfully wields a steel lance with crimson-red streamers from a leather baldric.

Kelia narrates 'Hello there, Mad Minstrel.'
*Yonio* struggles to barrel down on you, a steel lance with crimson-red streamers aimed at your
chest.

Tic in 7 seconds!

Suddenly *Yonio* charges you with a steel lance with crimson-red streamers!
Ouch! That Really did HURT!

Wimpy reset to: 352 hit points.
You panic and attempt to flee!

You flee head over heels.
Wimpy reset to: 301 hit points.
Before the Old Bridge
[ obvious exits: N S ]
(wotmudmapper): (error): Multiple matches found.
A gray palfrey prances skittishly nearby, being ridden by you.
A short man stands here, nervously eyeing everything in sight.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Strong >

*Yonio* tries to lance you, but you parry successfully.

* R HP:Wounded MV:Strong - Yonio: Scratched >

A rabbit has arrived from the north.
A frightened young thief stops using a torch.
You try to quietly draw a dagger of green jade from a brightly-colored patchwork cloak.
You pierce *Yonio*'s body hard.
*Yonio* tries to lance you, but you parry successfully.

*Yonio* drawls 'Swear the Oaths!'

tell yoniro you know I am not wanted
No-one by that name here...

You pierce *Yonio*'s left arm very hard.

*Yonio* sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!
Wimpy reset to: 250 hit points.

'I am not wanted

*Yonio* lances your body very hard.

Wimpy reset to: 201 hit points.
Curve at the Base of the Rise
[ obvious exits: N W ]
Zone: Old Road
You say 'I am not wanted'

*Yonio* struggles to barrel down on you, a steel lance with crimson-red streamers aimed at your
chest.

'stop
You say 'stop'
Suddenly *someone* charges you with something!
You are dead! Sorry...
You feel the Weave of the Wheel loosen from you.
Ouch! You lose a level.
Circle of Light
[ obvious exits: N D ]
(wotmudmapper): (error): No matches found.
The waters of a blue-veined marble fountain pour forth here.
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
A kind-faced figure stands here.

Dimmu

Re: Epic Seanchan fail

Post by Dimmu » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:48 am

I can't say I am at surprised. That side attracts a certain mentality and of course qps are qps, if you're wanted or not.

PS. Just found this gem from the SS point of view in the Fail thread . . .
Draz tells you 'just to be clear - this character is going to be ruined'
You tell Draz 'I realize what the consequences may be, I honestly don't care.'

Wynd

Post by Wynd » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:26 am

I was sorta surprised, and heard it's happened before. When I log on my Seanchan it does say (Sworn) next to their name. If this is the case RP is dead.

Edited to add: I honestly tried to rp around it - and I'm still open to RP ways around it, but from the RP side it's stinky :(

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 pm

I’m mostly surprised that in a roleplay environment you think that as some feeble entertainer that you have the right to make demands of any Seanchan, sworn or not. And you obviously can’t handle when some people make mistakes, so maybe RP isn’t for you.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 am

Rig wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 pm
I’m mostly surprised that in a roleplay environment you think that as some feeble entertainer that you have the right to make demands of any Seanchan, sworn or not.
If memory serves, if one swore the Oaths he is essentially considered Seanchan, and in their cultural hierarchy a "someone" (in this case known Gleeman) ranks higher than a "no one" (in this case, unclanned random).

So he has the RP right to demand a cease of hostilities.
Rig wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:23 pm
And you obviously can’t handle when some people make mistakes, so maybe RP isn’t for you.
Looking at all whats posted, it looks like a mistake thats been repeatedly made, right up to the point of Wynd dying. Charge roll can be interrupted/stopped - just anexample on how that alleged mistake could've been prevented.

And again if memory serves, SS RP rule is to not attack on sight anyone who is not warranted by the Empire but to try to get the person to swear the Oaths, or figure out if they already have sworn (the thing with SWORN status not showing if person is incog).

Yonio

Post by Yonio » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:30 am

FWIW I haven't played SS in ages, I am "new" to the side again, on an unclanned level 30ish. I was fighting an FC who fought me previously, I was tracking her. I lost her nearby and I ran into Wynd and saw stars, "RP'd" that he swear the oaths, whois'd him and didn't see anything, and charged him, bashed him, charged him a second time for a click.

Ages since I've played charge, I was shocked it killed in two (is that typical?). Surprised he didn't really move or try anything, while knowing he was there/not AFK. Was going to ONLY take the lightstick, then when he clarified he was sworn and I saw on who list, I returned that too. Apologies for not picking up the gear and delivering it to Caemlyn where he decided to drop out of CoL, not EF where he didn't realize? he was - I didn't think that was required of me?

I tried to be civil with him (as well as Draz - wait a Gaidin I never met breaking dead-men-tell-no-tales re: a SS incident???, up until being called an idiot to which I didn't appreciate) to rectify everything, but kept receiving flaming spews of upsetedness upon ruining the night of a player and jump-to-conclusions-ness and "hey your char is f****d" when I decided to ignore them both. (Boy it's been ages since I've used that command, which is awesome! I used to ignore multiple people every log on... hated that it reset upon logging out. But was glad to have it last night.)

Needless to say, just as I suspected, after a night of people chilling out (hey I've been there myself, multiple times), things appear to be fine, and through some (hopefully) future RP with Wynd, we will turn this into a benefit for both and a lot of fun RP for him and I (I'm not much of an RPer). I'm looking forward to it - though a bit busy the next week.

Related, earlier that day I ran into an unnamed human exp-ing trees around Wooden-ish. I asked her to swear the oaths or leave, she decided to leave. I tracked her (wow hunters are sweet, haven't really played one) all the way to silversmith mines, found her on another set of trees (by that time she was named, yay exp!), told her the same swear the oaths or retreat to a city! She stayed on trees so I ran a single charge to which I bricked (thank goodness it didn't click or this might have been a 2x whoopsie night), fled off and re-entered telling her to go! She did. I think she ran Baer, though I didn't have a light on and it was dark so I couldn't follow her. I wanted to keep having fun RPing/harassing the character (not player).

It's anecdotal, but same day and just so happens the second time I was previously scared of ice spikes but still trying to find mobs to PK with and ran into *Wynd* and chose wrong. Hey has anyone else messed up? And owned up to it immediately? Anyway hope I'm not blackballed, 'cause I got decent stats and I'd like to keep playing on the side so long as they'll have me. Otherwise I can roll a diff char and keep on keeping on...

Can I ask that everyone get all sides of the story before jumping to conclusion? I spend LOTS of time/energy AVOIDING this kind of drama ('cause it sucks and I hate it, so stop bringing it to me and I'll do the same!), so I'm pretty bummed I've had to spend some brain-juice working through it this time, but I'm happy to do so to appease those who feel offended and keep playing.

Cheers all,

~Some Y-guy.

Edit: PS Wynd failed a tell to me and then the first and only real intel I got about him being Sworn was the same pulse that I clicked him, how am I to react (obviously without knowing better beforehand, which I know now)?:
* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Wynd: Wounded > say Swear the Oaths!
You drawl 'Swear the Oaths!'

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Wynd: Wounded > bash
+
*Wynd* pierces your left arm very hard.

=
Your bash at *Wynd* sends him sprawling!
*Wynd* panics, and attempts to flee!

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Wynd: Wounded > cha mood brave
Mood changed to: Brave

They already seem to be stunned.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Wynd: Wounded >
You lance *Wynd*'s body very hard.

*Wynd* leaves south riding a gray palfrey.

s
+charge h.human
Cancelled.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving north.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving west.
|1| A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Wynd* is standing here, riding |2| gray palfrey

You struggle to line up your charge...

*Wynd* says 'stop'
Chaaaaarrrge!! *Wynd* bleeds profusely as you skewer him with a steel lance with crimson-red streamers!
*Wynd* is dead! R.I.P.
You feel the Weave of the Wheel tighten around you.
Your first time! Was it good for you too?
Your blood freezes as you hear *Wynd*'s death cry.

Yonio

Post by Yonio » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:40 am

FWIW I haven't played SS in ages, I am "new" to the side again, on an unclanned level 30ish. I was fighting an FC who fought me previously, I was tracking her. I lost her nearby and I ran into Wynd and saw stars, "RP'd" that he swear the oaths, whois'd him and didn't see anything, and charged him, bashed him, charged him a second time for a click.

Ages since I've played charge, I was shocked it killed in two (is that typical?). Surprised he didn't really move or try anything, while knowing he was there/not AFK. Was going to ONLY take the lightstick, then when he clarified he was sworn and I saw on who list, I returned that too. Apologies for not picking up the gear and delivering it to Caemlyn where he decided to drop out of CoL, not EF where he didn't realize? he was - I didn't think that was required of me?

I tried to be civil with him (as well as Draz - wait a Gaidin I never met breaking dead-men-tell-no-tales re: a SS incident???, up until being called an idiot to which I didn't appreciate) to rectify everything, but kept receiving flaming spews of upsetedness upon ruining the night of a player and jump-to-conclusions-ness and "hey your char is f****d" when I decided to ignore them both. (Boy it's been ages since I've used that command, which is awesome! I used to ignore multiple people every log on... hated that it reset upon logging out. But was glad to have it last night.)

Needless to say, just as I suspected, after a night of people chilling out (hey I've been there myself, multiple times), things appear to be fine, and through some (hopefully) future RP with Wynd, we will turn this into a benefit for both and a lot of fun RP for him and I (I'm not much of an RPer). I'm looking forward to it - though a bit busy the next week.

Related, earlier that day I ran into an unnamed human exp-ing trees around Wooden-ish. I asked her to swear the oaths or leave, she decided to leave. I tracked her (wow hunters are sweet, haven't really played one) all the way to silversmith mines, found her on another set of trees (by that time she was named, yay exp!), told her the same swear the oaths or retreat to a city! She stayed on trees so I ran a single charge to which I bricked (thank goodness it didn't click or this might have been a 2x whoopsie night), fled off and re-entered telling her to go! She did. I think she ran Baer, though I didn't have a light on and it was dark so I couldn't follow her. I wanted to keep having fun RPing/harassing the character (not player).

It's anecdotal, but same day and just so happens the second time I was previously scared of ice spikes but still trying to find mobs to PK with and ran into *Wynd* and chose wrong. Hey has anyone else messed up? And owned up to it immediately? Anyway hope I'm not blackballed, 'cause I got decent stats and I'd like to keep playing on the side so long as they'll have me. Otherwise I can roll a diff char and keep on keeping on...

Can I ask that everyone get all sides of the story before jumping to conclusion? I spend LOTS of time/energy AVOIDING this kind of drama ('cause it sucks and I hate it, so stop bringing it to me and I'll do the same!), so I'm pretty bummed I've had to spend some brain-juice working through it this time, but I'm happy to do so to appease those who feel offended and keep playing.

Cheers all,

~Some Y-guy.

Edit: PS Wynd failed a tell to me and then the first and only real chance I had to react to him asking me to stop was the same pulse that I clicked him, how am I to react (obviously without knowing better beforehand, which I know now)?:
* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Wynd: Wounded > say Swear the Oaths!
You drawl 'Swear the Oaths!'

+
*Wynd* pierces your left arm very hard.

=
Your bash at *Wynd* sends him sprawling!
*Wynd* panics, and attempts to flee!

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Wynd: Wounded > cha mood brave
Mood changed to: Brave

They already seem to be stunned.

* R HP:Scratched MV:Full - Wynd: Wounded >
You lance *Wynd*'s body very hard.

*Wynd* leaves south riding a gray palfrey.

s
+charge h.human
Cancelled.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving north.
There are some tracks of an animal leaving west.
|1| A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
*Wynd* is standing here, riding |2| gray palfrey

You struggle to line up your charge...

*Wynd* says 'stop'
Chaaaaarrrge!! *Wynd* bleeds profusely as you skewer him with a steel lance with crimson-red streamers!
*Wynd* is dead! R.I.P.
You feel the Weave of the Wheel tighten around you.
Your first time! Was it good for you too?
Your blood freezes as you hear *Wynd*'s death cry.
*Yonio* drawls 'Swear the Oaths!'

tell yoniro you know I am not wanted
No-one by that name here... <--- didn't receive

You pierce *Yonio*'s left arm very hard.

*Yonio* sends you sprawling with a powerful bash!
Wimpy reset to: 250 hit points.

'I am not wanted

*Yonio* lances your body very hard.

Wimpy reset to: 201 hit points.
Zone: Old Road
You say 'I am not wanted' <--- didn't seen in other room

chest.

'stop
You say 'stop' <--- got this one…
Suddenly *someone* charges you with something!
You are dead! Sorry...

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:45 pm

Hi Kordin, I’m being mostly facetious. It’s quite obvious this guy is some newbie SS. Just reading both the logs and seeing how Draz and Wynd reacted was both hilarious and uncalled for. Totally reasonable to just ignore them both and say lol who cares. I think a lot of people who play this game lack self awareness. This is a pretty good example of that.

Is this newb SS at fault for killing some sworn?? Yea. Is Wynd an idiot for just standing there like a newb who wants to die? Yes. Is Draz basically low-key threatening some player that his character is ruined for small mistakes?? That could have easily been discussed and talked out and taken care of?? Instead of the automatic witch-hunt and ‘mwahaha character ruined you’re a fucken idiot’ ?? Yes. Quit being assholes to each other over dumbass dung and play the game.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:52 pm

Amen Riggles

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:53 pm

Rig wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:45 pm
Hi Kordin, I’m being mostly facetious. It’s quite obvious this guy is some newbie SS. Just reading both the logs and seeing how Draz and Wynd reacted was both hilarious and uncalled for. Totally reasonable to just ignore them both and say lol who cares. I think a lot of people who play this game lack self awareness. This is a pretty good example of that.

Is this newb SS at fault for killing some sworn?? Yea. Is Wynd an idiot for just standing there like a newb who wants to die? Yes. Is Draz basically low-key threatening some player that his character is ruined for small mistakes?? That could have easily been discussed and talked out and taken care of?? Instead of the automatic witch-hunt and ‘mwahaha character ruined you’re a fucken idiot’ ?? Yes. Quit being assholes to each other over dumbass dung and play the game.
This.