Sleep well and survive

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
langois

Re: Sleep well and survive

Post by langois » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:37 pm

Big brain move. Nice

arston

Post by arston » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:26 pm

bit of context, this pk started when razhak decided to gank an smobber playing on their phone for the millionth time. then when actual pk shows up then he needs 3 ppl and a mob to help him.

If I show up to blight or to normal pk then I'm not going to use underhanded tactics, but if i am getting ganked in an smob or defending someone who is on their phone or new to the game or something like that then i will use every trick in the book and will feel no remorse for using ambush, doors, overwhelming numbers, or any dirty trick i can think of to mess with you. In my opinion if you are picking on people then you dont deserve to be fought with honor, so if you dont want to deal with dirty tricks then leave the smobbers alone and go get some real pk.

Rig

Post by Rig » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Ah young innocent Arston. Razhak delights in smobbers and afkers. Get learned!

Lexiant

Post by Lexiant » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:48 am

Killing silvak, being crit in falme with 3 other friends jumping on an ocean boat crit with no-quit is fine tho?

It's mechanics abuse either way, if warriors werent broken maybe they all die to mobs with 2 person max engage.
"clever use of game mechanics"
It was also a choice by dark to hit in there with this mechanic existing, bunch of other clan rooms auto kick non clan people out as well.

It does highlight a falacy in sleep well and wake. I use it because of max item limits constantly but I'm sure there's people that regularly use it to leave for real life stuff instead of just dropping link(which people used to commonly do and created the need for sleep well and wake)

Lexiant

Post by Lexiant » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 am

I'd also say it's mechanics abuse that the dark can say exit and be let out.
The mob should load a key they have to kill to get out but it would be a hastle for imms to create that.(some other places with locking doors this was thought through before creation)

Akzak

Post by Akzak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:57 am

I think it’s clear abuse by Arston and bad form.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:09 am

Yeeeet

arston

Post by arston » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:30 am

abuse implies that it goes against the intention of what was intended. Clan rent was intended to be a safe spot for clan members. Trollocs and fade are not meant to be able to get into clan rents, so if anything it is abuse of the door mechanics not the sleep well and wake function.

As far as it being bad form I wholeheartedly agree, it is terrible form. I would not have used it if it was against anyone but razhak, but I do not feel it is wrong to use bad form against people who consistently use despicable tactics day in and day out for years.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:16 am

arston wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:30 am
bit of context, this pk started when razhak decided to gank an smobber playing on their phone for the millionth time. then when actual pk shows up then he needs 3 ppl and a mob to help him.
I did not "gank" a smobber, neither was this smobber afk. He had plenty of opportunity to spam the door open, spamflee, call me names, he cussed me out, he also probably let you know he was in trouble, because you came to spam the door open for him to try to flee out..

Neither is it "ganking" when a fade finds a smobber resting in a door. You are not supposed to be save, this is a PK mud. There are no non-pk flags here. Neither is it -my- fault (and neither can I know) if someone plays from a phone. And by the way: if you decide to play from your phone, that is up to you, and not something I need to be bothered with.

And do you claim you were "actual pk" there? I was doing just fine against you inside that door where Corvin died. You even had time in there to actually accuse me of abusing my mob:
* HP:Scratched DP:Strong MV:Full - Arston: Hurt >
A ramshorned trolloc sends Arston sprawling with a powerful bash! <<<<

* HP:Scratched DP:Strong MV:Full - Arston: Hurt >
A ramshorned trolloc tickles Arston's body with his slice.
You slash Arston's right arm.

* HP:Scratched DP:Strong MV:Full - Arston: Hurt > qq
[close door]
It's already closed!

qq
[close door]
It's already closed!

* HP:Scratched DP:Strong MV:Full - Arston: Hurt > [close door]
It's already closed!

A ramshorned trolloc tickles Arston's body with his slice.
You barely slash Arston's body.

qq
qq
It's already closed!

It's already closed!

qq
[close door]
It's already closed!

It's already closed!

It's already closed!

* HP:Scratched DP:Strong MV:Full - Arston: Hurt > ot bash human

Arston says 'thats just cheating'

* HP:Scratched DP:Strong MV:Full - Arston: Hurt > You tickle Arston's body with your slash.
Arston tries to crush you, but you deflect the blow.
Arston crushes a ramshorned trolloc's right leg.
The only thing I called more for, was when you were spamming me inside that door from the outside. People dont do that kind of stuff, unless more are incoming to help out (the reverse gank!), so I decided I would get some more DS over there :P

arston wrote:
abuse implies that it goes against the intention of what was intended. Clan rent was intended to be a safe spot for clan members. Trollocs and fade are not meant to be able to get into clan rents, so if anything it is abuse of the door mechanics not the sleep well and wake function.
Trollocs and fades can get into any non-mobol entrance clanroom -if- the clanmember inside decides to let them in. This goes for several clanrooms around the mud. So to claim we are not meant to get in, you only need to look in the mirror to how we got in, in the first place.

arston wrote:
As far as it being bad form I wholeheartedly agree, it is terrible form. I would not have used it if it was against anyone but razhak, but I do not feel it is wrong to use bad form against people who consistently use despicable tactics day in and day out for years.
Ahh the good old: as long as I do it to Razhak, it's A-OK excuse!!

arston

Post by arston » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:09 pm

correct on all points but one: i wasnt just referring to this one situation, so no i wasnt claiming that i was offering you "real pk" i was just trying to hassle you, and gank you if i could. You cant spend 20 years preying on lowbies, expers, smobbers and afk people and then expect that everyone else will treat you right the moment you want to.