Sleep well and survive

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Sanguine

Re: Sleep well and survive

Post by Sanguine » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Razhak wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:16 am
Ahh the good old: as long as I do it to Razhak, it's A-OK excuse!!
I don't PK you often, but are there many other players with this same stigma attached to them? I know the sentiment is used in some situations, but I don't see it attached to too many people...

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:49 pm

arston wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:30 am
Trollocs and fade are not meant to be able to get into clan rents, so if anything it is abuse of the door mechanics not the sleep well and wake function.
They're not meant to be able to open the door to get in, sure, but that's hardly abuse of the door when you were the one that let them in in the first place :P
Lexiant wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 am
I'd also say it's mechanics abuse that the dark can say exit and be let out.
The mob should load a key they have to kill to get out but it would be a hastle for imms to create that.(some other places with locking doors this was thought through before creation)
There's at least one DS clan rent where humans can "say exit" while inside and have the door open. And I'm sure there's probably a fair few old logs of SS killing humans in RE manor and then asking the mobs to open the door so they could leave. Should really be consistent and either make all mobs not understand other races, or have all clanrooms be openable from the inside crossrace for times like this. If you make the choice to let an enemy into a room that's meant to be safe for you, that's your own fault.

zeek

Post by zeek » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:11 pm

can't tell what's funnier. Arston using a slick little escape or you guys being so upset that you posted about it trying to get the man in trouble and crying "abuse" as broken warrior classes haha. Get the heck out of here with that. I don't understand what drives people these days, maybe im officially old now? Idk.

zeek

Post by zeek » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:44 pm

you're entitled to your opinion, but I would've just wrote it off to the game if it were me, not posted about it in event my man could've actually gotten in trouble in event it turned out he wasn't allowed to do that. Maybe talk to him about it or something privately idk. to each their own. I wouldn't have put you on blast like that if you did the same thing to me, but that's just me.

Adael

Post by Adael » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:34 pm

This is why we can't have nice things. Thanks :(

o HP:Healthy MV:Strong >
n
The Servants Rooms
[ obvious exits: S ]
Zone: The Ruined Keep
Door south: door
A black badge engraved with serpents lies here.
A weathered, battle-hardened Ghar'ghael trolloc spits over his shoulder.
A young trolloc is here, growling with a deep bloodlust.
A towering Ghar'ghael trolloc has arrived from the south.

* HP:Healthy MV:Strong >
save
Saving Bludlust.

say sleep well and wake
You say 'sleep well and wake'

A weathered Ghar'ghael trolloc says 'Calm yourself down!'

stat
You are a 94 year old male trolloc warrior.
Your height is 6 feet, 6 inches, and you weigh 229.0 lbs. BMI: 26.487.
You are carrying 65.1 lbs and wearing 107.4 lbs, moderately heavy. MUD BMI: 0.552.
Your base abilities are: Str:19 Int:8 Wil:11 Dex:16 Con:19. Total: 73.
Offensive bonus: 175, Dodging bonus: 1, Parrying bonus: 26. Total Defence: 27
Your mood is: Brave. You will flee below: 0 Hit Points
Your posture is: Offensive.
Your armor absorbs about 87% on average.

You are subjected to the following effects:
- NO QUIT

The door closes quietly.

ponder
You ponder life, the universe, and everything.

Weir

Post by Weir » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:46 am

Wasn't most of the purpose of this feature specifically to be able to rent in spite of noquit? What was the expected end result if not something akin to what happened in this log?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7111&p=55253&hilit= ... ell#p55253
All DS clans now have a rent that they can use with no quit. This has been added to match the feature implemented for LS.

Trolloc clans - use your rents in SH. Dhai you have a new door called 'Fistdoor' that you can access for renting.

Fade/Dreadguard - Your rents inside the TKD citadel now both have a 'Greatdoor' you can access for renting.

To use this feature say 'Sleep well and wake'.

In addition to working when you have noquit, this function ignores item limit that normal rent restricts you to.
I feel like if you were not intending this to be used to get away from PK ever, that needed to be very explicitly stated up front.

stronk

Post by stronk » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:32 pm

Told it wasn't abuse and then quietly changed so it can't be done. Lol.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:46 pm

Created in a time of clan wars and same side non murderer pk with massive numbers of clanned people linkless idle renting in their clan rooms. 15 minutes no quit is a long ass time.

DS complain because being able to rent over max item limits is a massive boon available to LS clans, DS recieves it as well.

Things that get abused get removed, you can still linkless idle.

zeek

Post by zeek » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Carnage wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:44 am
zeek wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:44 pm
you're entitled to your opinion, but I would've just wrote it off to the game if it were me, not posted about it in event my man could've actually gotten in trouble in event it turned out he wasn't allowed to do that. Maybe talk to him about it or something privately idk. to each their own. I wouldn't have put you on blast like that if you did the same thing to me, but that's just me.
I actually did ask if it was abuse before posting. I was told it wasn't, so I posted. I'm sorry you don't approve. *shrug*
I cant' wait to see my log when I do something that upsets you at the rate you're still defending this.

arston

Post by arston » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Detritus wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:46 pm
Created in a time of clan wars and same side non murderer pk with massive numbers of clanned people linkless idle renting in their clan rooms. 15 minutes no quit is a long ass time.

DS complain because being able to rent over max item limits is a massive boon available to LS clans, DS recieves it as well.

Things that get abused get removed, you can still linkless idle.
was publicly told on chats by an imm that this was not abuse. imo once you make it into clan rent you should be safe