Epic PK Log

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Aloisa

Re: Epic PK Log

Post by Aloisa » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:50 pm

zankou wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm
Aloisa wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:37 pm
zankou wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:31 pm
From my PoV she looked like any other panicking newb fc that gets hit by 3 ds in ccs. Ive been there a lot myself.
No manual flees is the give away. I think people would give more benefit of the doubt if this didn't seem to keep happening regularly
I was getting aggrod in adjacent rooms for half of it so i couldnt really tell if it was fc panicking and getting bashed, or autoing, or a combination. My apologize that you were afk, i am glad you got your kit back. As for dress/ring, i personally have no use for that nonsense.
I didn't die, but fair point that you were in the other room.

lexica

Post by lexica » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:51 pm

zankou wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm
Aloisa wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:37 pm
zankou wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:31 pm
From my PoV she looked like any other panicking newb fc that gets hit by 3 ds in ccs. Ive been there a lot myself.
No manual flees is the give away. I think people would give more benefit of the doubt if this didn't seem to keep happening regularly
I was getting aggrod in adjacent rooms for half of it so i couldnt really tell if it was fc panicking and getting bashed, or autoing, or a combination. My apologize that you were afk, i am glad you got your kit back. As for dress/ring, i personally have no use for that nonsense.
Appreciate the apology. The nonsense unfortunately costs me qps and someone took it knowing full well it would cost me.

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:52 pm

And to add insult to injury we now have victim blaming. Excellent work.

Grizzler

Post by Grizzler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:56 pm

lexica wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:36 pm
You kept my dress and ring. Thank you for costing me qps.
Playing Devils Advocate here but ;

They left your eq and yet you still whined and posted?

They kept 2 items you literally don't have to leave Tar Valon to get to re-eq and your still whining?

Accepted tasks within the White Tower are easy enough to do, so.... welcome to wotmud where you can lose things when you die?

If you are new, please feel free to ask questions, like "Where is it safe to AFK" ? most players will tell you to go to a Throne Room or inside Clan Rooms.

Here's another way of looking at this scenario : Would you have posted if someone had snuck in and gotten a lucky stab in a no-hide blicking you from healthy and keeping all your eq?

I don't know who Jaye is, but geez. Could you be any more negative and wrong? Razhak is just raiding and being the villain and killing people. He's not spewing BS over globals or forums or Discord. He's not making things up out of thin air to cast people in a negative light. He's just playing the game.

reil

Post by reil » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:08 pm

Well, hold on, Grizzler has a point -- I think everybody needs to go a little easier on Razhak. He's out here killing AFK people (which, I'll repeat, is fair game, if not sporting), but at least he's not getting bonus bans on multiple characters or being told he can't advance his character because he can't stop cheating/abusing things, and then wondering why people see him in a negative light. As low as a bar as that is, at least Razhak is above at least that.
Last edited by reil on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:09 pm

I don't know who Grizzler is, (apparently this is relevant), but I was referring to Vilac's comment.

Raiding, being a fade, pk, these are givens in WoTMUD. As is the danger of playing. Zankou gets this, he always comes to fight another day and as shown here apologies when he realises he's wrong.

What is continuously an issue, and what is actually being commented on here, is the display of a lack of sportsmanship. And no one should be put down or invalidated for expecting sportsmanship, even if it is their lot to be continuously disappointed by other people because of it. It is not a weakness to expect decency from other people. There's a horrible cycle in this game where we have a tiny playerbase, where people justify bad done to them by doing it to others. Where people who call things out get shouted down or silenced or have backs turned on them. This is why the game is dying. This is why new people leave. Like it or not, this is a game in which we all rely on other people to engage with us. It is not a solo-player where your actions have no consequences.

zankou

Post by zankou » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:12 pm

People are drinking a lot of Hatorade today. Happy Holidays:)

zankou

Post by zankou » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:22 pm

that is an awesome quote.

Grizzler

Post by Grizzler » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:25 pm

Reil. I think we should talk because from the start I feel you have the wrong information and came to the wrong conclusion about things. A massive misunderstanding one would say. And while I've stayed quite for months now hoping the dust would settle and we could talk level headed, you seem to just continue kicking up a whirlwind

I'll be logging onto LS until you and I and/or others wish to speak with me.

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Looks like this thread is proxy combat for a lot of other frustrations and grievances, for what's a pretty straightforward log. There's nothing worthwhile about killing AFK players. It's never, ever been respected, and it doesn't keep people on the game. We've all done it--on accident if nothing else. When it happens, you apologize and do what you can to sort it out.

A few years ago, I was in Blight PK when it was obvious that Balar was linkdead. He incapped to worms, so we killed the worms, treated him, then stuck around to make sure other ones wouldn't walk in and kill him. I like to think he's paying it forward somewhere.