Will he or won't he? dumb humans strike back!

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Kryzen

Re: Will he or won't he? dumb humans strike back!

Post by Kryzen » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:57 pm

hasp you're supposed to mail that to every group on the forums, don't just post it.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:13 pm

butt hurt about dying in a door or afk in blight is wierd as dung, it's a situation you put yourself in.

With maps everywhere these days you know where the doors are and it's a choice/gamble to go into them or to waste doubleline flees against them, many are the fights outside doors where directional limitations are intentionally put on people by a doors existance.
I can choose to doubleline east from bush and enemies can hit me 1 room away with a north or south flee(intentional if not panicing at the time), or i can 50/50 with a north to lockshear or top gap, there's a reason certain choke rooms are the way they are.

In this particular example isabel could easily have got a different flee and just died before they arrived trying to "accidently" flee into bush once more.
Is why i said it's a smooth bait, the sequence of events was perfect storm enough that I would for sure chase into bush a target i knew i could break defence of.

Traps are one of the only ways certain people die sometimes as well, even if the trap is just 1 baiting low hp person bashing a dodger solo and calling others into the room after bash lands, they're all strategies to try and push an advantage(not always successfully, sometimes that basher will miss bash and eat 2 weaves dead, or die before getting in bush etc).

Many doors became "known" after successful traps in them, maps of everywhere these days instead of in my head makes complaints and excuses pretty poor.

Neveyan

Post by Neveyan » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:00 am

Again, everyone should relax. Razhak's last post is pretty good, though disagree with discord comment. @Isabel, you are great, but sometimes you (and lots of others) chase this concept of a universal ideal of 'perfect pk'. Such a thing doesn't exist. Everyone has an objective(s) which they are trying to optimise which wont always be the same or compliment your objectives. @Razhak just apologise for offending people with your original post, then we can all move on.

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:24 am

Everyone is foul and doing something cheatworthey.

Talem

Post by Talem » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:31 am

I enjoyed that PK log.

I like the idea about no cross race talk.

I remember as a weee little Talem that when I ran into the dark side, all was fair in war. Expect to be baited, trapped, ganked, stabbed, hagged out, etc. etc. etc. All these components are angles that make the pk guessing for me.

Bravo everyone. Love you all. Razhak, you're a hero.

Isabel, you're a hero.

Neveyan

Post by Neveyan » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:23 am

Talem wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:31 am
I enjoyed that PK log.

I like the idea about no cross race talk.

I remember as a weee little Talem that when I ran into the dark side, all was fair in war. Expect to be baited, trapped, ganked, stabbed, hagged out, etc. etc. etc. All these components are angles that make the pk guessing for me.

Bravo everyone. Love you all. Razhak, you're a hero.

Isabel, you're a hero.
Well said.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:41 am

fiddler wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:30 pm
Isabel friendo you’re asking a lot from the guy who refuses to take responsibility that his actions were a part of the reason chosen was discarded like the trash it was. 🙂
I'm seeing a lot of chatter about who's to blame for Chosen getting axed, so I looked up the earliest mentions to make sure my memory wasn't off.

The earliest comment I could find about removing Chosen was in 2015, but that's also how long these forums have been around. There may have been earlier mentions, but those would be gone to Another Great Forum POOF.

Suffice to say, it wasn't a decision that was made over any one person's actions, but rather the collective over a very long time span, even for WoTmud standards.

fiddler

Post by fiddler » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:34 am

That’s bullshit and you know it.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Yea let’s go ahead and get rid of the façade here before you keep defending shitty people. GG Elysia.

zankou

Post by zankou » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:48 pm

It’s fun watching copperheads calling a rattlesnake poisonous.