Logging in to humans inside rk = p

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Ragyn

Re: Logging in to humans inside rk = p

Post by Ragyn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:46 am

Fairly sure only west gate TV is high pick, eastern is lowish pick from inside(think I have 73ish pick on my fade/dl for Malk and they both open from TV east from inside), outside I think it is same as dog. So 80? or so I can't remember exact number. Would be great to have western lowered as well, anything to promote chasing into a city for a kill is great.

Think you also have to factor in human mvs in Blight when listing pros/cons to the two locations. Any regular human who tries to run through maze and then through n keep to their horse, is going to either have to burn a fair few vials, have a channeler refresh or rest up several tics. Slim chances horses are left alive if they don't bring them with them for the hit or don't hide em fairly well, which in turn means they lose them if they lose the hit. Jump will take x amount of mvs. So unless the whole group stash a bunch of ponies for backups, shouldn't be too difficult to net a couple kills if DS wins at general.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:51 am

Agree with lowering W gate pick to match the other cities, also.

Derick

Post by Derick » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 pm

It would be cool if the generals had counter rooms like murgoz and salan, so if 3 ds or ls wanted to hit the generals, it would load 2-3 minions, if full group, then 5 minions etc. Would allow for more hits and more pk.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm

Both gate defenses and call mob are coding. Meaning that yes, all imms I know of would be in favor of removing gate defenses, but that doesn't mean it is changing any time soon.

I tried tinkering with gate defenses once, in the sense of making the rooms indoors with the intent of swapping the outdoor rooms out for indoors rooms if indoors = no gate defenses, but alas. Indoors, outdoors, anything any building commands can do to those rooms doesn't fix/remove/change gate defenses. Most zones consist of 99 rooms plus one room for zone info. All relevant cities have made use of the full 99 rooms, meaning I can't even take out the gate defense rooms and replace them with an unused room.

Some coded stuff is just something we can't change (yet, I hope) and even if it's the best idea evar, that won't change a thing. Usually in these cases, multiple imms have tried work arounds, but sometimes work arounds can't be done.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:26 pm

I did not realize that :D

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:30 pm

I just wanted to say that the tsunami of information we get from the Imms today vs 8-10 years ago is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing details Elysia.

Derick

Post by Derick » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:14 pm

To incentivise more general/dreadlord hits, how about they load norent versions of Justice and malf? Also maybe a QP or two like ls wars, or tps?

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:55 am

bring back slim jymmi fireworks load! used to be we would have some kabooomies in chest for occasions of humans doing this and then you can basically try to defend against any odds...

Currently, the only firework I have seen recently on DS came from PK

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Elysia wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm
Most zones consist of 99 rooms plus one room for zone info. All relevant cities have made use of the full 99 rooms, meaning I can't even take out the gate defense rooms and replace them with an unused room.
Dumb question that I’m just genuinely curious about. How come you can’t delete a gate room so the zone has 98 rooms, then make a new room to bring it back up to 99?

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:36 am

As far as I know, we can't delete rooms. It's been done in the past, as in before I became an imm, and those zones end up bugged in some way.