A system for LOTM stuff?

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Elysia

A system for LOTM stuff?

Post by Elysia » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:37 pm

I don't read pk logs much, to be honest. The RP entries for LOTM I got through, with a 7ish month delay, but going back that far in pk logs, ick.

Maybe we need some system to make it work, where players nominate, imms put up a poll and we only have to read the 3 logs with most votes and choose from that?

Any other ideas to make it so we don't have to dig through logs and logs and logs?

Rosaria

Re: A system for LOTM stuff?

Post by Rosaria » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:28 am

Poll-system? People vote on their favorite log, and whichever log gets the most points wins. Maybe imms can be involved at the end for a final say.

/Rosa

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 am

Can you add a "like" button to only the PK logs section? This would automate the process more than adding a poll. Then on the 10th of the month the previous months PK logs that had the most "likes" would win. I say the 10th because that would give those logs that came in at the end of the month an opportunity to gather likes.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:17 am

Give this sub-forum like 4-5 non-imm moderators who's only task is to select 5 logs per month which then go into a poll.

This way you get 4-5 dedicated people (selection based on ??? ) who make a shortlist for people to vote on. This prevents people/imms having to sort through dozens of logs.

Chance for bias? Sure, but then, you have multiple people who select logs and then there is still a poll for everyone.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 pm

Have players mail log link to an imm box.

I’m still waiting for my 100qpd for log of the year when we first started this.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Octavio wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 am
Can you add a "like" button to only the PK logs section? This would automate the process more than adding a poll. Then on the 10th of the month the previous months PK logs that had the most "likes" would win. I say the 10th because that would give those logs that came in at the end of the month an opportunity to gather likes.
This is a good idea, assuming the forum allows for this.
Razhak wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:17 am
Give this sub-forum like 4-5 non-imm moderators who's only task is to select 5 logs per month which then go into a poll.

This way you get 4-5 dedicated people (selection based on ??? ) who make a shortlist for people to vote on. This prevents people/imms having to sort through dozens of logs.

Chance for bias? Sure, but then, you have multiple people who select logs and then there is still a poll for everyone.
This is also a good idea, and might be easier to implement. Having a small group of people tasked with reading through logs and picking out ones for a poll or imm consideration would definitely cut out a lot of work on the imm side I think. I volunteer as tribute o.o

Ranked choice might also be nice - no idea what the forums allows for polling wise though.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:02 pm

We can't do moderators as those automatically get to see IPs and people's alts.

Not sure we can do a like button either, I'd have to ask Vampa.

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:15 pm

Can also just have an active player create 1 post per month - can even be a different player each month - aggregating the logs.
At the end (first week of new month?) everyone can cast 1 vote in that thread.

A bit like the "Masters of the wheel" thread in Players Lounge. Easy solution, no coding or mods or whatever :-)

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Asandra's idea seems to make the most sense and the least hassle. Just having one active player(assuming imms don't want to do this/have time for it) make a poll each month with the names of the different logs and people can cast their vote.

Benito

Post by Benito » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:41 am

Yeah, I think that Asandra's version would be easiest.

Keep the vote public so we can keep an eye on Ragyn using alts to vote for himself.