Fal Dara Fade

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Razhak

Re: Fal Dara Fade

Post by Razhak » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:30 am

As shown by Treach, it is not a mere targetting script. It takes in commands from the mud (i.e. HoA bashing the target), which it then takes and immediatly cancels the next HoA and sends an Ice spike to the mud as a command).

A mere targetting script will not take commands from the mud and compute them to output. In essence this looks like a very advanced script which is very much in the gray area of botting, as it does take mud inputs, computes them and sends back commands autonomously

Carlia

Post by Carlia » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am

Great job Adella! Lucky hoa bashes.

Adella

Post by Adella » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am

Thanks Carlia!!

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:38 am

Carlia wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 am
Great job Adella! Lucky hoa bashes.
Don't you really mean, great scripting?

Adella

Post by Adella » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:40 am

Razhak :
Botting.
Using 'bots' or 'botting', ie having your character do stuff in the game using a script which benefits you or others whilst you are not actually present at the keyboard yourself is, effective immediately, expressly NOT PERMITTED.
I don't think it can be disputed that I was at the computer. And unless I am misinterpreting the above quote, a script that switches weaves for you is as legal as a script that helps you use fade codes.

Liia

Post by Liia » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:42 am

You people...

Scripting doesn't make HoA bash any more than otherwise... Also, who cares if it cancels the next HoA on bash and switches to spikes? I do that manually literally every day. It makes a 0.1 second difference in timing, and either way they're still bashed. It's going to land either way.

Also, from past experience, scripting weaves can never be as fast as a channie that perfects their timing. It's essentially impossible to script a PONR timed weave. I've beaten people who use all sorts of weaving scripts many times.

EDIT: A lot of people seem to be really on board with taking out PONR timing on weaves, but this is a perfect example of why PONR on weaves is so important. Otherwise everyone could just script it and be untouchable.

Carlia

Post by Carlia » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:45 am

That too, if you wait for the completed weave message to pop up, your already a pulse behind a perfectly timed weave.

Dolens

Post by Dolens » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:47 am

I propose the removal of all comments, keep the pk logs, keep the competition going.

We need more logs.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Liia wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:42 am
scripting weaves can never be as fast as a channie that perfects their timing.
This is accurate.
Carlia wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:45 am
That too, if you wait for the completed weave message to pop up, your already a pulse behind a perfectly timed weave.
Not only is it being a pulse behind due to waiting for the weave message to pop up, if there's any lag at all then your script is going to be *very* behind. It can only act on what appears on the screen after all - if there's a delay between the weave completing and the weave complete message popping up then there will be delay in the script.
Ok.
channel 'Hammer of Air' h.trill
You mold flows of air into a tight stream, sending *Trill* sprawling!
channel 'Ice Spikes' Trill

You begin to weave the appropriate flows...Wounded >

Cancelled.
You begin to weave the appropriate flows...
What's missing here is the ! or whatever command to re-send the HoA. The sequence is:

- channel HoA
- hoa hits, sends !
- starts channeling HoA again
- sees that it bashed, starts channeling spikes
- HoA gets canceled, spikes begin weaving

That's way slower than I would be able to do manually. What's the problem?

I'd probably make the script cleaner such that the sends X sprawling message doesn't itself trigger the re-weave and instead starts the long weave; that way there's no lost time between re-weaving HoA, canceling, and starting spikes. However, it'd still be slower than manual.
It takes in commands from the mud (i.e. HoA bashing the target), which it then takes and immediatly cancels the next HoA and sends an Ice spike to the mud as a command).
This describes all triggers that exist.

Is it botting if I have a trigger set up such that when a stable hand gives me a ticket it does put all.coin pouch and put ticket pouch? This script is not much more advanced. It is "when weave completes, send("!"). if bashed, send long weave."

In my opinion, botting would constitute a series of triggers set up such that you truly can just walk away from the screen and it functions in its intended role; pseudocode:

Code: Select all

HealthMonitor(); // if health falls too low, run away to nearest room marked safe
Patrol();             // patrol between pattys looking for enemies

if *xxxx*		
	set tgt1 = xxxx		// when enemy is sighted, add to target list
end if

while xxxx 	// while enemy is in the room, weave
	channel 'flame strike' tgt1
	set timer 9 pulses
	when timer ends, !

else      // if enemy can't be found but has been engaged, use tracking. If tracking fails then return to patrol();
	track();

if xxxx flees   // follows on flees, if enemy loses you then follow(); also will call track();
	follow();

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Adella wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:04 am
I also don't see anything pathetic about the log posted. I didn't run in at battered, didn't call in 4 more people to save me, didn't stay inside until I had overwhelming forces and then hit and take the credit for the win. I didn't happen to log on "coincidentally" to easy-mode a group doing Shaidar.

I stuck around low, took chances, got extraordinarily lucky to get 2 HoA bashes off. (I sometimes go hours without it ever going off once) And ultimately won a 2vs1 fight against two fun opponents.
This is what's important about the log. PK in wotmud isn't hackable.