Guard duty is never boring...

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Rig

Re: Guard duty is never boring...

Post by Rig » Mon May 13, 2019 12:08 am

How dare you mention removing gate defenses. How chortlesnorfling dare you, Jestin. It's a tactical tool used to kill you.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Mon May 13, 2019 12:41 am

Dear Rig,

Eat dung.

Kind Regards,

Edit: This is a joke in case anyone was wondering <3

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Mon May 13, 2019 12:49 am

Elysia wrote:
guhadin wrote:Always hated this door since hitting for someone’s fade quest and having to wait 30-40 for door to unlock randomly. Locking is okay, but mobs in locked doors should really load a key, or the time should be reduced to shorter than people can idle out in.
Prior to today, the Cairhien throneroom would unlock between 8 and 16 minutes, IF you killed the King. If the King wasn't killed, that'd usually be a case of someone porting in and killing the fade questers. We hadn't thought of the concept of removing all, dropping all and dying to mobs (shock horror).

I put in a temporary fix which means the door will always open between 8 and 16 minutes, but it has the message of the door unlocking even if it wasn't locked, so I'll have to go back when I have some time this week.
Been watching room messages and the greatdoor has been unlocking every tic, just fyi.

Skurk

Post by Skurk » Mon May 13, 2019 6:17 am

I'd have been super salty about not being able to get back in. But then again the frustration and loss is what makes this game hard and gives it character I guess. Helps to learn to accept loss and frustration which is a good skill for life too.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon May 13, 2019 7:04 am

The reason this was fixed and not inkies/ gate defenses is that the latter two are coded.

The Cair throneroom was changed years ago to open after 8-16 ticks IF the King was killed. I thought it would open regardless and had even told players so. Being stuck in a room until repop is silly, thus this was fixed.

It has nothing to do with Rig being more valued as a player or his threats of quitting, which I can't take seriously anyway. It's always something related to players that reveals a bug, or something unintended. This time it happened to be this unusual set of circumstances. If he had continued to play and mailed imms, we'd have looked into it, too.

Neveyan

Post by Neveyan » Mon May 13, 2019 7:47 am

Rig wrote: O' wise Lady Neveyan of the Shienaran Lancers, please inform us with your tactical genius and once in a generation leadership abilities. I'm sure your huge brain has thought up a tactical plan. Please, beguile us, share your knowledge on how you would have killed him and multiple other humans who showed up into Cairhien.
Thanks for acknowledging my superiority. As for sharing my uberness, I will get back to you later after I first consider your worthiness.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Mon May 13, 2019 10:51 am

People bashing Taziar are basically the equivalent of a chortlesnorfling moron. Like you should be with the people I support for work your that deficient upstairs. Taziar is one of the nicest people on this game by far. If you think he's gloating in anyway reread the first part of this. Taziar isn't a pker by any means. Yet he's killed Rig twice with doors. Props to him, even if this one was a little silly. But I also think it's silly of Rig to expect his idea to work. When it's been that way forever. As well as the clan perk of slipping in has been around a long time.

This is a PDC (post death complaint)tm. You took a chance trying to outsmart the system. It failed, big whoop. Go to your storage and grab one of the 20 rares and hop back to it. Gear is so easy to get for a fade, I can't imagine that's the issue. Losing sets to a shitty game mechanic is I'm sure. Can't count how many game mechanic issue deaths I've had, it's wotmud nuff said. But not thinking the idea you had, you'd of lost it either way had you hit. You were ballsy and took a chance for a chance. Now whining that being ballsy didn't pay off.

But mission accomplished by the sounds, the complaint may have fixed your plan for next time.

guhadin

Post by guhadin » Mon May 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Elysia wrote:I put in a temporary fix which means the door will always open between 8 and 16 minutes, but it has the message of the door unlocking even if it wasn't locked, so I'll have to go back when I have some time this week.
Just out of curiosity, what's the thinking behind a door randomly unlocking vs having a spammable, or sconce, or key that loads inside? Or to put it a different way, way have that feature here vs. some of the other cityheads?

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm

guhadin wrote: Just out of curiosity, what's the thinking behind a door randomly unlocking vs having a spammable, or sconce, or key that loads inside? Or to put it a different way, way have that feature here vs. some of the other cityheads?
If it had a sconce or key, it would allow for quick in and outs, which would make the entire thing way too easy as LS generally needs time to make it over to Cairhien. The coalshed requires pick, the river requires abandoning your horse and the alternative is the long way round. The city itself is one of the weaker ones around, so any opposition has to come from players, meaning they should get the chance to mount one. Hence the locking door.

Delion

Post by Delion » Mon May 13, 2019 5:51 pm

What about a keyload on a patty?

Make it tough enough that it takes a bit of time to kill and sets off alarms, giving access to a key but still giving LS plenty of time to get over to Cairhien?