Guard duty is never boring...

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Kryyg

Re: Guard duty is never boring...

Post by Kryyg » Sun May 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Taziar wrote:How is this taking jabs? All I got was cussed out and complained about by all you leet WoTmud PK types that can't look past your own perspectives. Peace guys, I'm sure I will rip soon so you can all pass ksword around some more.
Certainly frustrating. They earned the gear and got screwed by a silly game feature, not any skill or luck by you. Not saying what you did was wrong, anyone would have used the advantage. But it is unfair someone mob dies and you Pk die and because of nonsense you basically lose nothing.

Auto locking doors serve no purpose other than to ensure a death trap for unwitting victims. We need less Of this crap and more player driven outcomes, especially with numbers so low.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Sun May 12, 2019 4:55 pm

that door has locked on hit since forever. im suprised none of yall knew that. if you did know it it was a tactical error to hit without planning also it narrates. psa from uncle pe.

Cruoris

Post by Cruoris » Sun May 12, 2019 5:06 pm

One of the most frustrating logs over a long time.
The amount of different handhelding sh*t inside cities is just incredible.
The game itself punishes people for taking risks and having balls.

Also, LS mobs seems to be much stronger. Its common for dodger to buff a whole ds patty, while single ls mobs break 260 def solo with no problem. Would be great if someone looked into it.

Terri

Post by Terri » Sun May 12, 2019 5:10 pm

The humorous thing to me is that he didn’t invent that game mechanic but you want to be mad at taz about it. But if you were in his situation you’d say yeah but it might lame
But it’s part of the game!

Neveyan

Post by Neveyan » Sun May 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Handholding? I would say the complaints by DS come across as handholding. 1 dimensional approach.

Neveyan

Post by Neveyan » Sun May 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Lord Pe wrote:that door has locked on hit since forever. im suprised none of yall knew that. if you did know it it was a tactical error to hit without planning also it narrates. psa from uncle pe.
Key word here is "tactical". This is what I mean by people complaining because they want a 1 dimensional approach to PK (hack, bash, chase, rip).

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Sun May 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Rig and co. were actually amazingly tactical in this situation given that it was probably mostly improvised in real time. Hit him in the door, you know that it locks, you know that you'll probably kill him and he'll pk die, but you'll mob die. So you will pop out immediately and be able to go out and loot before he is able to. They even took it one step further by dropping everything on the floor in case the corpses decayed. Only thing he didn't count on is Taziar having a magic back door into it that got around the locking.

I suggest we all take a step back and stop thinking about this particular situation. Just in general it would be better for both sides if autolocking was removed. To make it a bit more dangerous to hit than your general door, you could have an issueable key where one side would have an advantage on controlling the locks (until the person with the key died).

Enok

Post by Enok » Sun May 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Key word here is "tactical". This is what I mean by people complaining because they want a 1 dimensional approach to PK (hack, bash, chase, rip).
As opposed to flee, get bashed, die, wait in circle, get back into the room where no one could enter but you, loot. I must learn this tactic.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Sun May 12, 2019 5:45 pm

I don’t think anyone is mad at Taziar. Rather we should be applauding him for bringing out this silly feature. Let’s be honest, the spirit of this feature was not to loot yourself while others are trapped outside. It was made so CRS can go in and help the king after its already locked.

This was not how it was intended to be used but no one can foresee all situations and more than likely this will never happen again. I.e. ds will probably hit king again but it will probably not be a CRS there.

We can all be angry and frustrated for a few days then go back to hugging each other. Taziar could return DS gear but I’m sure it’s already gone. No different than a death trap or dying linkdead without knowing who killed you.

This would have been different if LS had actually grouped and sat outside the King before DS could return but I don’t think that happened?

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun May 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Neveyan wrote:
Lord Pe wrote:that door has locked on hit since forever. im suprised none of yall knew that. if you did know it it was a tactical error to hit without planning also it narrates. psa from uncle pe.

O' wise Lady Neveyan of the Shienaran Lancers, please inform us with your tactical genius and once in a generation leadership abilities. I'm sure your huge brain has thought up a tactical plan. Please, beguile us, share your knowledge on how you would have killed him and multiple other humans who showed up into Cairhien.