Guard duty is never boring...

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Spyder

Re: Guard duty is never boring...

Post by Spyder » Sun May 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Taziar wrote:How is this taking jabs? All I got was cussed out and complained about by all you leet WoTmud PK types that can't look past your own perspectives. Peace guys, I'm sure I will rip soon so you can all pass ksword around some more.
Because you posted the log to rub it in at rig? Maybe you should look past your damn perspective.

I love the elitist rhetoric you have going too, god forbid we call out bullshit code and game mechanics!?!?!?

Maegon

Post by Maegon » Sun May 12, 2019 6:07 pm

I thought he posted the log because people were witch hunting the dung out of him on discord. We're not doing anyone any favors by lingering over this. Could it use some changes? Probably. Did Rig take a risk that didn't work out? Yes. Let's get back to murdering each other in game and move on.

Terri

Post by Terri » Sun May 12, 2019 6:08 pm

+1 to the marath'damane

Adael

Post by Adael » Sun May 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Spyder wrote:Because you posted the log to rub it in at rig?
Bit of an assumption. I thought he only posted it because I’d been curious what happened and jokingly asked him to…

Also apparently the room was set to only unlock after a period of time if the mobs all got cleared, which was probably an oversight in design. Ely says she has fixed/is fixing this.

Not a complete fix to everyone’s liking I imagine, but better than it was :p

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun May 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Have to speak up for Taziar here. People were hounding him on Discord for it, so he told them he would post it.

Nothing gloating/whatever about it.

Spyder

Post by Spyder » Sun May 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Can't be fucked to argue the stupidity of this further.

Carry on.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Sun May 12, 2019 6:39 pm

What if it was a perfect 10 model?

Arkan

Post by Arkan » Sun May 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Jestin wrote:Rig and co. were actually amazingly tactical in this situation given that it was probably mostly improvised in real time. Hit him in the door, you know that it locks, you know that you'll probably kill him and he'll pk die, but you'll mob die. So you will pop out immediately and be able to go out and loot before he is able to. They even took it one step further by dropping everything on the floor in case the corpses decayed. Only thing he didn't count on is Taziar having a magic back door into it that got around the locking.

I suggest we all take a step back and stop thinking about this particular situation. Just in general it would be better for both sides if autolocking was removed. To make it a bit more dangerous to hit than your general door, you could have an issueable key where one side would have an advantage on controlling the locks (until the person with the key died).
Given Rig seemed to still think he could open and flee, perhaps not. Also, it could still have easily been a trap, or easy for other LSers to show up, or Taziar to alt. And if Taziar had played differently, he probably would have survived and killed everyone.

Locking doors are fun and add a different dynamic. I am happy with less cookie-cutter everyone/thing/where and want more variation. Besides, you really can't kill anyone in any room in every situation.

hasp

Post by hasp » Sun May 12, 2019 8:00 pm

I love lamp!

Nognahoj

Post by Nognahoj » Sun May 12, 2019 8:05 pm

I was waiting for....

*Melas* enters the game.