Know Your Opponents

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Rig

Re: Know Your Opponents

Post by Rig » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:05 am

I think the post is more pointing out the habits of warders who immediately run south disregarding their Sedai who is draining in what appears to be an attempt to save themselves after their sedai inevitably drains them of hp. Many warders do this, the reason Jaimie knew what was happening was because Deimon (and almost every other warder in the game since Davor implemented this technique) make it very very obvious after the 1000000th time that they are going to the safest place possible for self preservation over RP.

Morella

Post by Morella » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:06 am

aelarien wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:22 pm
Ok so 2 things.

1. Deimon had been pking in the blight with me and i got into a bad situation i was unable to get out of. I assume he assumed i was dead or free and went s when we saw the numbers.
First, any time your warder hits 'where' he knows where you are, and he will grief when you die, so neither of those assumptions are ones he would've made correctly if he was looking.

Second, I personally don't think /your/ intentions were to cheat, but you should know that your new warder has a habit of running very far very fast when things look even a little scary and without much communication. He apparently has no desire to stick around or return to help you out, making him essentially a 400 HP bloodbag. If situations like this continue to happen, you are going to be associated with him and people who tire of hitting a critical channeler while she drains her warder 3+ zones away are either going to complain about what you both are doing by association, do what Jaimie did, or just not PK against you.

Third, warder drain turning off after a number of zones is a proposed change in the queue, per Aureus:
More changes are coming here: specifically the combat-related Warder bonuses like drain, multi-bash, berserk attack will be limited to when a Warder and Aes Sedai are within 3 zones of each other (we are also making some changes to better help them know when this is the case). But these changes are not live yet.
So probably best for both of you to break that habit now. I bet you would've loved to have had a block broken for you at literally any point while you were bouncing around the Blight because I know you know how to run. :)

Deimon

Post by Deimon » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:55 pm

Rig wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:05 am
I think the post is more pointing out the habits of warders who immediately run south disregarding their Sedai who is draining in what appears to be an attempt to save themselves after their sedai inevitably drains them of hp. Many warders do this, the reason Jaimie knew what was happening was because Deimon (and almost every other warder in the game since Davor implemented this technique) make it very very obvious after the 1000000th time that they are going to the safest place possible for self preservation over RP.
I saw that post about you months back Rig when you had a breakdown, we all know you got everything handed to you.

Warder drain is actually hilarious in terms of RP.
And fades stabbing and charging is also
And trollocs stabbing etc.

This GAME will never be anything close to the "REALITY of WOT"

Stop hating and make some suggestions to FIX the game.

Morella
"First, any time your warder hits 'where' he knows where you are, and he will grief when you die, so neither of those assumptions are ones he would've made correctly if he was looking."

In the blight, every room is "The Blight"

"I personally don't think /your/ intentions were to cheat,"

I see, you think I'm a cheater

"you are going to be associated with him"

Oh so its true, you do hate me

Morella

Post by Morella » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:58 pm

Deimon wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:55 pm
In the blight, every room is "The Blight"
Yeah, so you know pretty clearly that she's not safe or in when you abandoned her to cower in FD. Please continue to avoid the point that you completely bailed on your teammate.

aelarien

Post by aelarien » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:22 pm

honestly i think this is getting a bit out of hand.

Im certain it wasnt Deimons intent to cheat, and if my opinion changes for any reason I will discuss it with him personally (not that I think it will come to that).

What I do know is there is a lot of ill feeling going on here for really no reason. It looks like a change is in the pipeline that will address most peoples concerns with the leeching of hps etc so we will just have to live with it until that is implemented.

What i will say though is that I will ensure I make myself more familiar with this new bonus I have and try to act appropriately with it, as I am sure Deimon will.

This was a good thread to highlight an issue and a good piece of work by Jaimie, I think we should get back to that intent and stop taking digs at each other?

Ael

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:48 pm

I'll lock this because this is getting a wee bit attacky-negative-toxic.

That said, we were discussing some warders' habits of ditching their Aes Sedai and running as far and fast as they can upstairs too this week. Ideally, that would result in an RP docking, but we can't apply that consistently, so if anything something like that should be coded. We do consider it bad rp though.