When T-mobile drops your call... [Discounted trips to the COL 30% OFF]

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Nefarius

Re: When T-mobile drops your call... [Discounted trips to the COL 30% OFF]

Post by Nefarius » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:24 pm

When I died, I was in Circle. Pounds logged off, then Nevaeh logged on. I told her about 8+ humans in TKD on tells, gave some of their names and warned there might be a few of them outside TKD too, as Raal and maybe more were outside RK when they hit that. I didn't stick around to see how it went after, but this is how it went from my end.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:56 pm

I think you and I just have different judgements about what puts us in danger. Just because you get bashed doesn't mean you're going to die :)

The plot thickens though..now someone claims that they sent tells to Nevaeh letting her know there were people in TKD and how many, which contradicts the claim that Nevaeh didn't know anything until encountering the horses in TKD..who to believe, who to believe...

*munches popcorn*

Pounds

Post by Pounds » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Jestin wrote:I think you and I just have different judgements about what puts us in danger. Just because you get bashed doesn't mean you're going to die :)

The plot thickens though..now someone claims that they sent tells to Nevaeh letting her know there were people in TKD and how many, which contradicts the claim that Nevaeh didn't know anything until encountering the horses in TKD..who to believe, who to believe...

*munches popcorn*
Most likely Nev saw the horses before Nefarius told her, figured it out herself, then Nef told her confirming the details.

Eol

Post by Eol » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Someone can probably create a scenario with different values, but mounting up is more than 5% (ie. the base mount advantage) because of the OB advantage. In an imaginary situation I created (180 OB, 125 PB, 15 lbs weapon, dismount vs 150 dodge) the percentage chance is 17% - add 5% for ride to 22, but if you increase your OB by 10 your bash likelihood jumps to 32%. The combination 5% + the OB is very potent. I personally feel like the bash calculator spelled out a lot of things I've felt through the years. Humans cannot dismount and win bash fights.

Jaster

Post by Jaster » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Eol wrote:Someone can probably create a scenario with different values, but mounting up is more than 5% (ie. the base mount advantage) because of the OB advantage. In an imaginary situation I created (180 OB, 125 PB, 15 lbs weapon, dismount vs 150 dodge) the percentage chance is 17% - add 5% for ride to 22, but if you increase your OB by 10 your bash likelihood jumps to 32%. The combination 5% + the OB is very potent. I personally feel like the bash calculator spelled out a lot of things I've felt through the years. Humans cannot dismount and win bash fights.
But the dismounted troll should? Starks bash calculator is pretty accurate. That’s what it will equate to in the difference in riding and not riding.

Draz

Post by Draz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:17 am

To be clear - our hit on Shaidar went horribly and resulted in two of us being crit to start with. THis left only 2 people fighting Shaidar - and everyone else low from killing Pounds and Nefarious (or inexperienced/not knowing to hit shaidar).

Had anything changed with the hit on Shaidar - Shaidar would have been dead before Nevaeh ever entered. Jecks would not have died as he did, and there is a SMALL chance Nevaeh would have died.
My actions in this case would have been to communicate to not stay in her room at HPs where a single fireball would kill you, to regroup the group, and if she was still stupid enough to be inside after that, to THEN chase her around with zerk offensive masters bashing

Lessons learned (for the group) would include;
Being careful of hps when hitting shaidar - there was no real reason for two of us to die hitting Pounds and Nefarious.
Knowing when its worth giving up on staying off narrates (for the leadership) to better communicate and coordinate to the group.
Having a regroup/targetting strategy in place prior to the hit.

Pounds and Nefarious basically managed this win - by holding us up long enough that WVD was down, and then multiple double fireballs from Shaidar left us in a position that we were vulnerable.

I'm unsure how much of Nevaehs targetting was luck, a mix of targetting the most dangerous targets, and skill - had she for example hit that first room and wasted 5 fireballs on zukai - we likely wouldn't have lost a single person prior to being organised.