Newbie Dreadlord Being A Bully

... tales of great battles, stealthy adversaries and improving your PK skills. Careful though, no whining!
Nevaeh

Re: Newbie Dreadlord Being A Bully

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:17 pm

Aloisa wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:44 am
Rig wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 am
The plight of not targeting by name. I am lucky ):

They definitely deserved to kill me there after I made so many mistakes like the newb I am at heart
Embarrassing log.
I actually thought it was a good log. A lot to be learned.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Nevaeh wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:17 pm
Aloisa wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:44 am
Rig wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 am
The plight of not targeting by name. I am lucky ):

They definitely deserved to kill me there after I made so many mistakes like the newb I am at heart
Embarrassing log.
I actually thought it was a good log. A lot to be learned.
Doesn't make it less embarrassing for him!

stela

Post by stela » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:32 pm

old rigster failed a few crucial weaves, definately a good learning opp for both sides but, still a fun read even if it was slightly one sided.

Anansi

Post by Anansi » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:40 pm

isabel wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 am
I legit cried when you re-entered crit into Verne spiking Anansi
Yeah couldn't believe it when I got spiked, thought he was dead for sure!

Alaren

Post by Alaren » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:54 pm

well the whole experience has given me the yearning for more so I'd call it a success :)

verne

Post by verne » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:28 pm

isabel wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 am
I legit cried when you re-entered crit into Verne spiking Anansi
Did I mess up on this this specific part?

I know I messed up with not using short weaves, I had just messed up a reprac while trying something new when Alaren wanted to hit a couple smobs so I had only grabbed what I needed for that instead of redoing everything and didnt have any short weaves pracced (expecting to redo it right after we were done so I didnt make her wait).

But in terms of targetting i was targetting rig by name when he was in the room, but have my targetting set up so i can switch target to dark or swap back at the push of a button, so when rig left i started one on anansi and it was almost done by the time rig made it back in. Is it worth it in that case to cut the weave off and roll one on rig again if its only 2 pulses from finishing the one on anansi?

Definately not proud of this battle though even if we had finished him off, and not gonna leave myself unpracced anymore even if its only gonna be for 15 mins

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:04 am

Depends if anansi can break your def or not, if he can't then engaged on him spamming weave for rig can work(need luck to get a longer weave off tho). Being with Alaren it is a risky proposition leaving and re-entering room losing faceoff to get better timing/targeting.
It's worth noting that closing the door on Rig also works, creating extra variable for them to work around with the agro mobs in the room next door.

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:32 am

Detritus if that log disappointed then check out this one.

https://wotmod.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t ... 604#p81604

Apologies for pulling a Razhak here :p
(Disclaimer: This was a light hearted joke not an attempt at bullying)

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:59 am

Jestin for best bully! i approve.

verne

Post by verne » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:41 pm

Detritus wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:04 am
Depends if anansi can break your def or not, if he can't then engaged on him spamming weave for rig can work(need luck to get a longer weave off tho). Being with Alaren it is a risky proposition leaving and re-entering room losing faceoff to get better timing/targeting.
It's worth noting that closing the door on Rig also works, creating extra variable for them to work around with the agro mobs in the room next door.
my limited experience has been that they often flee off and dont come back when really low, so ive been in the habit of swapping targets and weaving someone else and if the weave is already almost done when they come back in then i finish it, otherwise i swap targets back mid-weave. I can see how in this situation they are going to come back in so it now makes sense i shouldve been expecting it and spamming it, but in a larger group pk is that still the best strategy?