Borderland banned gear change

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Monsoon

Borderland banned gear change

Post by Monsoon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:01 pm

Ok so I’m all for some sort of enforcement since rp or whatever. And you don’t want people to just hop into jail to get safe. But what if you’re not pking and you get put there accidentally. (See returning player/I took a break and forgot etc) and ds just starts popping jail instead of horse trader. As you said you just die in a door? I can totally see raz leading 2-3 and going to check in every hour or so.

Brocas

Re: Borderland banned gear change

Post by Brocas » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:17 pm

You are only in there for 5 tics. I really don't think this will be a problem

Brandor

Post by Brandor » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:23 am

Do you lose all your eq or just the banned eq in the process and do you get an auto FD warrant and get tossed our the gate afterwards?

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:02 am

It's 5 minutes. Can't imagine that checking every hour would make sense :P

And why would I do that perse :P

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:13 am

Hehe just picked a random active person

kalabra

Post by kalabra » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:22 am

why not let people police their own city? I thought that was the point.

might as well make it like this for all cities if we're going down this path heh. I don't think we're dying for this change personally, but maybe you guys know something I don't. It's possible. ;) I think this should be up to players to police this. They haven't because we don't really care that much, because if you're in fd you're there to pk. There' is no real RP happening there, it's literally a pk zone. Staging to go north and pk. The clan itself has bonus's and doesn't really rp, other than pking trollocs lol. Think about it, just make them police this or don't. No need for wizjail and other stuff.

Just my opinion, although differing from the crowd probably. I respect yours and the staff's idea regardless!

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:39 am

I think it's a bit silly, honestly. But I like the idea in a sense. LSers shouldn't be wearing DS gear. That being said possibly one of the dumbest changes I've seen in my time comes up. Money for trinket exchanges. Just an epicly stupid idea and needs removed. Plenty of money sinks in this game. We don't need it. Feels like it's gearing more and more to smob/farm mud. Exchanges should be free of cost.

This should be removed along with clan trinket exchanges reverted. Lancers should banish first offense, warrant 2nd with standard 3 day wait and standard quest. 3rd offense permanent warrant. That will fix it pretty quickly I'm thinking.

Also if your found to be wearing a badge if looted in pk. And a lancer sees that loot it should count as an offense.
There's very little rp and policing going on with certain high ranking players abusing things. This is probably where this semi harsh punishment comes from.

These are my thoughts, but honestly more in line with said above. Have each clan HAVE to have a set policy on this. And enforce it.

granit

Post by granit » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 am

Sarryn wrote: This should be removed along with clan trinket exchanges reverted. Lancers should banish first offense, warrant 2nd with standard 3 day wait and standard quest. 3rd offense permanent warrant. That will fix it pretty quickly I'm thinking.
This. Just crack down on people so they crack down on other people. It's real world 101 :D

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Brandor wrote:Do you lose all your eq or just the banned eq in the process and do you get an auto FD warrant and get tossed our the gate afterwards?
It sounds like the Far Madding mobol. The announcement just says you're tossed in jail for 5 tics - not that you lose any eq or that you'd get a warrant.

I dunno, I like it. Saying the Lancers should enforce it is all well and good but maybe the Lancers were consulted and agreed to this and either way that's easier said than done when there isn't always a Lancer around and people are unhappy with the cost to exchange at a merchant.

I do think the exchange should be cheaper or free - seems to be a very common complaint.
Sarryn wrote: There's very little rp and policing going on
I agree and it puts the Lancer who wants to actually be the one to start enforcing in a bit of a tough spot because a lot of people are going to be salty at them and start the 'but the exchange is expensive' argument with them. This mobol sidesteps that.
Have each clan HAVE to have a set policy on this. And enforce it.
The laws of FD have been pretty clear for a while now, no?

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Elodin and Feneon were saying "players should police this". And they were right. Only players aren't policing this and with some trolloc clans getting a perk, the bonuses gained from wearing dark eq exceeded the standard trinket equivalents. Combine that with north pkers being the most prolific wearers of dark eq and Borderguards repeatedly being seen turning a blind eye even with guard mobs yelling their lungs out...

We -want- players to police themselves. Reality is that players are absolutely abysmal at policing themselves, especially when some direct or indirect gain is involved. This is the milder version of the mobol, at least for most players. The original idea was to have mobol issue a warning first and then start docking qps, however, I am a "start small" kind of person. Perhaps what was put in is sufficient, perhaps not. We can always review at some point in the future.