Borderland banned gear change

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Borderland banned gear change

Post by Elysia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:18 pm

No one can warrant for an attack on their group mates, unless the attack occurred in the clan's jurisdiction/ their homeland. There's always clan who need to be reminded of this, usually because someone with a playstyle someone doesn't like deigned to attack someone's group. In response to that, I can only say: Vampa set out to make the game more dangerous and samesiding is a part of that.

However, one CAN be perma-warranted if one is a repeat offender. It should be noted though that few things in the game are permanent. GIven enough time and a clean slate, people will likely eventually be able to get pardoned again. However, there will also always be those who fall back into the same type of behavior, and this is a way to curb that.

daal

Post by daal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Elysia wrote:No one can warrant for an attack on their group mates, unless the attack occurred in the clan's jurisdiction/ their homeland. There's always clan who need to be reminded of this, usually because someone with a playstyle someone doesn't like deigned to attack someone's group. In response to that, I can only say: Vampa set out to make the game more dangerous and samesiding is a part of that.

However, one CAN be perma-warranted if one is a repeat offender. It should be noted though that few things in the game are permanent. GIven enough time and a clean slate, people will likely eventually be able to get pardoned again. However, there will also always be those who fall back into the same type of behavior, and this is a way to curb that.
Thanks for the response Elysia, I understand that a repeat offender can eventually be denied a pardon.

I would be most appreciative if you could particularly respond to the idea that a pardonee can be placed on indefinite parole though. Allowing the pardoning clan to rewarrant that person for violation outside that clans jurisdiction. I.e. Cosmo receiving a Fal Dara pardon,, with the caveat that he will be rewarranted for attacking a tower member or wisdom anywhere in the world, not merely within the borders of Sheinaran jurisdiction.

Thanks!

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Players and clans shouldn't be allowed to dictate how one behaves somewhere outside of their jurisdiction. Which is exactly what happens with this perma-warrant nonsense and is exactly why Bobo and others receiving Lancer warrants and getting told they can't kill someone in say, Illian ever again or they'll get their warrant back and it'll be permanent. The fact that they even do it and get away with it is hilarious and just goes to show how much a clan and it's subordinate roster can be, for the most part, pompous and arrogant.

The best part is that King Lancer and the Social Justice Warriors of WoTMUD get to make these decisions and everyone else is told tough dung. It's hilarious.

TL;DR Lancers are douchebags and always have been ZING

Samara

Post by Samara » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:54 pm

My understanding of the SS/Shienar treaty was that all seanchan were allowed in the North, but if there was excessive killings of Shienar's allies - even in the south, that this could be revoked.

daal

Post by daal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Samara wrote:My understanding of the SS/Shienar treaty was that all seanchan were allowed in the North, but if there was excessive killings of Shienar's allies - even in the south, that this could be revoked.
A treaty between two clans of mortals should not be able to (and hopefully cannot) circumvent or expand upon the warranting rules set by immortals.

If the Lancers desire to revoke a treaty, that is in their hands, but they should not be able to use it as an excuse to expand their warranting jurisdiction outside their borders.

Samara

Post by Samara » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Seanchan are only not warranted by FD because of the treaty, so if they break the treaty that would mean they would be warranted like they were before. At least that is my understanding of the treaty and I could be wrong.

daal

Post by daal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Samara wrote:Seanchan are only not warranted by FD because of the treaty, so if they break the treaty that would mean they would be warranted like they were before. At least that is my understanding of the treaty and I could be wrong.
Perhaps you should re-examine the laws of the Borderlands, the law against "being a Seanchan" was struck when the treaty was signed.

What you are suggesting is selectively enforcing void laws on certain individuals out of ignorance or malice.

Nor does it address the experience Boboliosie had. While they can choose to deny him a pardon as a repeat offender, once pardoned, per my interpretation of the warranting rules, that is it, he is not on parole for the rest of his life. See the following from the warrant rules: "If someone fulfills the pre-set conditions for a pardon, you must pardon."

There is no footnote stating you can subsequently rewarrant them for a violation outside the jurisdiction off your clan. It's a pre-set condition to do a thing or things, not a lifetime promise to do or not do certain things.

Samara

Post by Samara » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:17 pm

6) Any Seanchan army member who proves to be too much of a threat to our allies elsewhere will be addressed with the Seanchan army leadership, with necessary action taken up to removal of their welcome in our lands. To make this very clear, this does not preclude Seanchan who same-side down south from coming north, but if there is a habit of griefing people down south, or reports of fighting bleeding to the north, we will respond.

Not saying this is the case here, but it was more to the overall point of people being warranted for things happening outside of the North. I could be reading this wrong, but it seems this does mean that the Lancers retain the right to take measures against Seanchan for actions in the south

Weir

Post by Weir » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:18 pm

A stipulation of him ever getting a pardon was to keep his nose clean. He made no efforts to hold true to that once we lifted the pardon, so we then revoked the pardon.

daal

Post by daal » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Weir wrote:A stipulation of him ever getting a pardon was to keep his nose clean. He made no efforts to hold true to that once we lifted the pardon, so we then revoked the pardon.
Keep his nose clean within the Shienar, or anywhere in the entire known universe? The latter is what I am most concerned about here @Weir.

If you rewarranted him for actions in Shienar. Fair game, no big deal, good on you.

If you rewarranted him for actions on say (merely for illustration) the Isle of Mad Men, I see issues with that action, and I believe so do the published rules on warranting.