Idea: Turning in rare weapons for TPs or QPs

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Alterith

Idea: Turning in rare weapons for TPs or QPs

Post by Alterith » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:37 am

Given the current policy to enforce mending which will lead to decay of all weapons, what do you say that we can turn in rare weapons (such as decrepit herons etc) for TPs or QPs?

There are 2 reasons that this can be justified balance wise:
- There is incentive to force rares out of the game
- We can currently use TPs to exchange tokens to craft new rare weapons this leads to renewal of weapons in the game without need for imm intervention
- some weapons like gleamers can already be turned in for QPs

From an RP point of view, it could be said that the giving up of the ownership of a legendary rare weapon is testament to the influence that the character has in the pattern (like how Tam Al Thor had a heron and gave it to Rand), thus meriting TPs or QPs.

And if a reasonable exchange rate is used, we can avoid people being made Ta or ranked race just by sheer number of rare weapons turned in. (Can also impose a cap on the number of rare weapons to be turned in per month).

This is just an idea I have thought of to help the game rejuvenate and use more rares stored in rent. Please discuss!

Adael

Re: Idea: Turning in rare weapons for TPs or QPs

Post by Adael » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:38 am

The clan treasurers are already meant to be one way to remove decrepit rares from game afaik. Not that having more ways is bad of course.

TPs would be a better option over QPs in my own personal opinion. I remember specific times years ago when Elysia or maybe other imms would let a couple decrepit rares + jcuffs or something similar be traded in to get one new rare back. This idea + the new crafting system would be essentially that. I'd probably go no more than 2-3 tokens worth, or perhaps have it tiered depending on the rare. Something like 3 decrepit POG = tokens for 1 new POG (as a random example) perhaps.

Alterith

Post by Alterith » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:17 am

I can agree with Adael’s suggestion - maybe to circumvent the TP risk issue, can allow for rare weapons to be converted to crafting tokens directly instead.

That said, I don’t see any objections to turning in rare weapons for QPs given that gleamers, Akkad insignia, and for Saldaen Calvary quest (multiples of cswords, gold chased war spears) can already be turned in for one qp per weapon up to a max of 3qps. Rare weapons should probably award 10-15 qps I say.
Last edited by Alterith on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tirric

Post by Tirric » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:20 am

Would be a nice way to get rares out of the game. I'm sure imms will be doing those trade-ins again at some point, seeing as weapons will actually become unmendable now. Would be nice if trade ins weren't necessarily 2 of the same weapon, but could be your old heron + a rare + 10-20 tokens or whatever, am sure most of us don't have multiple herons floating about.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 am

Add those new rares to the treasurer lists for adding gold to your clans coffers.

That should be enough.

Perhaps turning those new craftable rares in for half the amount of tokens it takes to make them?

Florry

Post by Florry » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:40 am

Craftable weapons should not be considered "rare".

I also believe the items that respond to "rare" in-game should be reworked.

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:18 pm

TPs are going to become rare now though with the huge TP sink going on.

Florry

Post by Florry » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:02 pm

isabel wrote:TPs are going to become rare now though with the huge TP sink going on.
Tps won't be rare, you get them for killing someone.

Large amounts of TPs per kill might decrease but TPs in general will not be rare.

I'm all for turning the crafted weapons in for a set amount of tokens per durability stage, but I don't think they should be considered "rare".

isabel

Post by isabel » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 pm

You'd have to kill 50 people for 50 tps at the current rate. Even if it's half that with an average of 2 tps per pc in about 4 months from now..that's 25 people. Nothing in the game in terms of weapons and items requires 25 pc kills which amounts to 175 qps basically. That's a little short or 1/5th or master qps.

Just do the math for how fast tps will decline.

Of course the smob farming thing is there but even that's what like 6-7 tp for hiting a few things? From that aspect they wouldn't be rare for dedicated smobber types. But then we really shouldn't have smob tps :p

iria

Post by iria » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:12 pm

From memory you get level/10 tps from a kill with no tps on. So if you kill someone who is 51 you'll get 5 or 6 tps at a minimum. But I get what you are saying, think most people don't really care about TPs so most of us have spent the ones we have on tokens and qps, which means the amount of TPs going around per kill significantly lower than it was