splitting in pk

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Aishana

Re: splitting in pk

Post by Aishana » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:00 pm

I think what bothers me most is when people come and die on a damn near naked alt, then alt to a geared char and demand we re-eq their trash char that just died naked. Or when people who die in pk end up in better sets than people who didn't die. I'm all for equipping the dead but there's gotta be some limits there...you shouldnt die half naked and end up in a full set of dodge + trinks unless literally nobody wants anything.

Same goes for dying and then wanting rolls on rares when something died 5 mins after you did. Have seen people refuse re-eq, wanting to instead roll on rares, then store it and go back out to pk in trash some more. Or even worse, take the re-eq and STILL roll on the rares, which then get stored.

I personally don't have a problem with people rolling on rares and such most of the time though, they have value to everyone and at this point too many people have one of every alt so we can all use them somewhere. Its another thing if it's a clan group where I -do- expect rares to go to someone who can use it first, but in mixed company at this point I just expect the major stuff to be rolled on. For a while I took the approach that if I cant use it on that character I'll pass on everything, but then when those same people are involved and it's something I can use I'm getting rolled against so I gave up. After watching combo and absers take egowns and dbelts when its literally all I would roll on as an fc....yeah. I'll take the maul and trade it for the 3-4 egowns I know you got sitting in rent.

iria

Post by iria » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:09 am

I enjoy the idea of the "trickle down" economy that you describe on DS, but its not like the heron wielding fade isn't taking x rare. If the idea is to equip the horde, I'd imagine he'd then pass the x rare to the next trolloc/remort he saw that needs it or wants to prac for it, but that is generally not the case. There's a fair few remorts with a silly amount of rares sitting in their rents, if the boasting is to be believed.

jasmin

Post by jasmin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 am

Yep sure. Except most of the time when we get decent kills I'm on my channie.

And being able to put egowns on my channie will be a new experience, (those go on my stabber).

jasmin

Post by jasmin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:07 am

Ahah the boasting is to be believed.

jasmin

Post by jasmin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 am

Exactly Aishana.

And ugh I hadn't considered that example of naked death then demanding reeq.

No - if I'm on an alt after dying then I'm asking spares for the alts that died, after splitting.

If I'm on an alt whose useful in pk I expect to be included in splitting.

If I do absolutely nothing then its completely fine to not be included in splitting.

If I'm on an alt (and useful) in pk, and die, and alt to keep fighting, and the fighting has died and people are splitting when I log on - I absolutely think I should be included in splitting the kills from before my alt died. In that situation the alt would typically still be sitting circle.

jasmin

Post by jasmin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:12 am

and yes im guilty of pking in trash - I would like to think I don't demand sets - but if the eq is spare then I definitely will ask for it.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:44 am

Leader determines the split. Just hope you have a fair leader. Which I think most are.

It does annoy me when a rogue wants to roll on a heron or non sblade and likewise when warriors are rolling on sblades with 3 rogues in the group.

Generally, whoever needs stuff gets it first when I’m leading. I think in the last month we got silver sai and triple bladed multiple times and I only let rogues roll for it. Likewise for other types of weapons.

On DS, I usually have a rare or unique so I don’t think I’ve ever taken an extra weapon unless it’s a shocklance which no trolloc would use. It’s usually on Jestin by that night and then whichever human loots him at FD gate the next day.

QPs are also considered part of the split when I am leader. You can’t claim the best items then demand two heads. Value of things change based on what you need. On a non master is rather have qps than a rare trinket.

I have noticed on LS that scalps are always given to me to split. On DS it is less so and scalps are stolen more often. I never scalp anymore so I rely on the group to be honest.

Tanak

Post by Tanak » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 am

My apologies if this question derails this conversation, but are splitting rules different when comparing smobbing and PK? Or do the same rules apply to splitting gear?

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 am

personally just let everyone roll

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 am

Kryyg wrote:
On DS, I usually have a rare or unique that Jestin gave me so I don’t think I’ve ever taken an extra weapon unless it’s a shocklance which no trolloc would use. It’s usually on Jestin by that night and then whichever human loots him at FD gate the next day.
Fixed that for you.