WoT show to begin production this Fall!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Madin

Re: WoT show to begin production this Fall!

Post by Madin » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:45 am

Lucky for you the finished product is likely to be better than 15 seconds divided by 4 people talking, at the very first table read...

Aira

Post by Aira » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:45 am

If this reading is right though, they're going to cross the River Taren in episode 1, unless there's some clever deceptive editing going on. That might say something about the pace. Although it could be a double pilot, I suppose?

Because between the trip to Emond's Field with Rand and Tam, Moiraine telling of Manetheren, Winternight and leaving Emond's Field, that's quite a bit for 50 minutes. Especially taking into account getting to know all the members of the party in book 1. Minus Loial.

edited to add: and that's forgetting about Lews Therin and Ishamael. Well, at least it won't be 20 mins of Billy Zane hearing Lews Therin calling for Ilyena. :P

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:54 am

Aira wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:45 am
edited to add: and that's forgetting about Lews Therin and Ishamael. Well, at least it won't be 20 mins of Billy Zane hearing Lews Therin calling for Ilyena. :P
Hahaha imagine how many people would turn it off!

Err yeah that's way too much for 50 minutes. I'd want the first episode to start off quite flashbacky to the Breaking, then be countered by some cute Emond's Field stuff, aka LOTR where Hobbiton is all twee before dung gets real. Which would be episode 2.

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:02 am

Octavio wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:49 pm
I am not seeing the actors mesh with the characters yet. Also, not seeing the pairing yet either. Maybe it will be "there" when I see the finished piece.
Read throughs can be very casual though. Their focus isn't to try and embody their character, they've won their part with their audition. The read through is one of the first steps of the rehearsal process to allow everyone to understand where they're placed, the flow of the episode etc, get the writers and producers and designers in there with the actors, etc.

Worked in a producing theatre for 9 years now. I would not expect that much characterisation from a read through, personally - not trying to put you down but more to say, from my experience it'll get there and reserve judgement :)

That said, who knows, could end up being complete shite. :lol:

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:08 am

Raefnal, I completely understand what you mean. In a past life I was very active in film production / editing for cinema on the west coast so I completely understand the process. To bring up the other point, there is not much to see in a short clip but, like you I suppose, I tend to let my mind fill in the gaps. I expect it will have to follow in the shoes of Game of Thrones, as this is the new measure to shoot for (pun intended) for future fantasy pieces.

But, not sure if anything can be any worst that the previous television showing of Wheel of Time so I think we are pretty safe there.

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:15 am

Yeah I get you.

Regardless we are going to be precious, aren't we?

Ashlee

Post by Ashlee » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:28 am

Aira wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:45 am
If this reading is right though, they're going to cross the River Taren in episode 1, unless there's some clever deceptive editing going on. That might say something about the pace. Although it could be a double pilot, I suppose?

Because between the trip to Emond's Field with Rand and Tam, Moiraine telling of Manetheren, Winternight and leaving Emond's Field, that's quite a bit for 50 minutes. Especially taking into account getting to know all the members of the party in book 1. Minus Loial.

I imagine it’s going to be a longer/double pilot. There’s so much set up that needs to happen, but still have to keep a new audience engaged with the more exciting/flashy parts. I hope they don’t rush Emonds Field; it’s really a driving force behind all the main characters for like...5 books?!

Raefnal

Post by Raefnal » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:40 pm

The actor who played Roose Bolton in Game of Thrones has been cast as Tam al’Thor

https://twitter.com/wotonprime/status/1 ... 63361?s=21

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:22 pm

Ohh I like him a lot.

hasp

Post by hasp » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Be weird not seeing him as a total crazy.