WoT show to begin production this Fall!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Asandra

Re: WoT show to begin production this Fall!

Post by Asandra » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:56 am

Game of Thrones set the bar high, but also created some acceptance. I'm excited!

reil

Post by reil » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:53 pm

Jestin wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:26 am
Since we all (mostly) have read the books I think we won't mind pacing issues. But if this is not successful with a general non-book audience, budgets, future seasons, etc will be at risk. So we need this to work for everyone not just us!
Yeah, that's sort of why I'm personally concerned -- I feel like the books themselves had serious pacing issues, which prompted me to pretty much skim the latter half of the series. If there's one thing you should really try to nail down with the benefit of retrospect and a completed series to work with, it should be pacing. Otherwise, the writers haven't done a good job.

As far as personal enjoyment goes, I'll obviously watch and judge for myself, but it's making me nervous that a common thread is "fans might enjoy it, but others...meh" -- I definitely fall closer to the latter category these days.

nass

Post by nass » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:55 pm

... so after hearing the wheel of time plastered all over Amazon and Spotify now that the series is finally about to be out, thought I'd check in. I doubt I'll be the only one =). Think we need a reunion!

zankou

Post by zankou » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:08 pm

It would be great having some of the old timers come back and show us newbies how its done!

Aira

Post by Aira » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:51 pm

This one seems to be positive, for the most part.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-whee ... -obsession