WoT show to begin production this Fall!

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Orino

Re: WoT show to begin production this Fall!

Post by Orino » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:08 am

hasp wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:13 pm
Let’s steer this back around. Away from the magic use the rest of the show should be amazing. I’m really excited for:

Rand accidentally calling lightning In WB I think.
Thom fighting off the fade.
Battle of Falme.
Dumani Wells.
Cleansing of Saidin.
The first troll attack in EF.
Perrin talking to Wolves for the first time.
Perrin fighting the Whitecloaks.
I remember (will never forget) reading Dumai Wells. It was my favorite scene in the books. Not sure how it would translate to film...

Also, Matt’s fighting in Tar Valon. Whether Gaidin/Warder students or thieves. Now that will be fun to watch!

Petra

Post by Petra » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Lykan wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:45 pm
I guess my main argument for the show is that the "floor" of quality seems pretty high to me. Even if the writing flops, which it hopefully wont, the production quality will be good enough that its hard to imagine me being too disappointed in it. I find myself enjoying shitty shows pretty often now despite actively recognizing they are actually pretty terrible, just because the worldbuilding, acting, and/or plot is good enough to justify ignoring the bad. And the upside is a really great show that we get to enjoy for years! How damn awesome would it be to have a GoT-level show that runs the entire series? I never expected a decent tv series to be made of it, so I guess I may just be easy to please. Then again, they may botch it so bad I end up in jail for burning down some studio after losing my mind :)
Yeah I know what you mean. With the production value they're pumping in, and pretty decent casting it seems, it will surely be base level 'good'. When you factor in a fairly simmering geeky delight I'm sure we all have at a WOT show, I'm really looking forward to it.

It's got to be better than Sword of Truth, right? And I'm ashamed to say I kinda enjoyed that.

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Petra wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm
It's got to be better than Sword of Truth, right? And I'm ashamed to say I kinda enjoyed that.
I was so ashamed to admit it that I literally made that exact argument in my mind then chose not to type it out in my post...I guess this shows that I will follow you in the has-been reunion pk.

Treach

Post by Treach » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:50 am

Legend of the Seeker? It has got 4.7/5 rating on google, and 7.6/10 rating on IMDB. So that is a decent rating for a TV show.

I might give it a watch while waiting for WoT.

Petra

Post by Petra » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:31 am

I guarantee that 7.6 rating is almost exclusively down to incels going 'ooooh hot female characters in leather'.

Like Lykan :)

Don't worry. It's RP. Or something.

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:37 pm

I was re-watching Deep Space 9 and came across this scene (quality is really bad on the youtube clip) - and I couldn't help wondering if this is similar to what channeler fights will look like - 0:35 to 1:16 or so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5A41MS0Fq0

nooro

Post by nooro » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:44 pm

God, I hope not.

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:07 am

Anyone watch a Discovery of Witches? In Season 2, they begin training the character, and there was a 'weaving' of the threads of 'everything' to create magic, some use hand gestures as if knotting things in place. It would have been a perfect Wheel of Time channeling scene with elemental threads, even the Earth thread was hard and stubborn and the actors' hand movements while weaving made it look solid and cracking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7DQheZ ... nnel=SkyTV

The mentioned scene in the trailer is at 0:43

Raya

Post by Raya » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:12 am

Kyr

Post by Kyr » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:56 am

November is just around the corner :)