Clarification on policy concerning Seanchan Officers and non-clanned, non-hostile players

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: Clarification on policy concerning Seanchan Officers and non-clanned, non-hostile players

Post by Rig » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:58 pm

I don't like Xin but I like his post.

Terinor

Re: Clarification on policy concerning Seanchan Officers and non-clanned, non-hostile players

Post by Terinor » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Also I don’t want to hear any whining about getting stabbed with ds about/winding down bc I was standing square after fighting ds (on my ss) and had a Sedai hit me with a fireball while I just stood there and a group of companions roll a bash and try to block me in.

Baco

Re: Clarification on Tales of Empire post and lack of RP

Post by Baco » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:40 pm

raek wrote:
This response is utterly bizarre to me. While everyone knows that no one is immune to pk, I also have always thought that LS clans (which SS are now) have a certain obligation to RP and could suffer consequences from immortals if they don't adhere. I have seen many examples of this played out. If my Winged Guard character started murdering innocent people, he'd be deranked.
If you wanted to start murdering on your winged guard, you could...that was my point. I don't even know if immortals would step in unless you were griefing people - you (and your clan) would probably have some consequences to pay though and they might kick you out. It's a player driven world mostly, and player actions/RP are mostly enforced by PK - you can easily build a seanchan and roleplay however you want to with unclanned characters. My response is not to argue weather or not it is appropriate RP for seanchan, I am just saying that the game allows it and you RP within those boundaries.

Tanak

Post by Tanak » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:47 pm

I get your basic point, but I think your wrong about Immortals enforcement of RP. I've seen many times of Immortals stepping in, taking the voice of clan leader mobs, to dole out punishments for RP violations. I've seen people deranked or lose council positions, by immortal intervention, due to inappropriate RP.

raek

Post by raek » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:10 pm

3) Role playing violations rule.
Role playing on this mud is by choice. Quest Point (QP) rewards are
given for role playing by immortals in charge of RP. Violations of
role playing will result in QP deductions. Judgment of RP violations
is at the sole discretion of the role-play staff.

Player Killing.

Player killing, player stealing are legal but may have roleplay consequences (see Role playing violations rule).

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:37 am

It’s just a trashy side coming full circle. They are just common murderers and their initial implementation was just so there would be an easy mode to WoTMUD.

There is no real RP justification for this. He wanted PK or a free kill or easy kill so like all murderers he just started attacking.

The seanchan wanted people to swear the oaths and would at least offer it before randomly murdering.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:58 am

Disappointing that the majority of you SS players went this direction with Seanchan role play... in my opinion it is the easy way out and only done through convenience with no backing from book cannon. I hope the Empress (may she live forever) someday declans you all.

So much potential, so much wasted space.

(not trolling here either, I truly won't play Seanchan because of lack of RP integrity since the cross over)

Enok

Post by Enok » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:02 am

Kryyg wrote:It’s just a trashy side coming full circle. They are just common murderers and their initial implementation was just so there would be an easy mode to WoTMUD.
I enjoyed SS pk for a good while. Especially the Nargus/Fantus era. It wasn't easy mode back then what with all the hoops to jump through to exp, get warded weapons etc, but yeah it definitely devolved from there. Old road/yandar pk was actually pretty refreshing in comparison to running up and down winding/blands.

raek

Post by raek » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:47 am

There is no real RP justification for this. He wanted PK or a free kill or easy kill so like all murderers he just started attacking.

The seanchan wanted people to swear the oaths and would at least offer it before randomly murdering.
Thanks for the support on this. I was starting to think I was going crazy by thinking this RP is ridiculous. I truly like the, "if they're not on our books as sworn, they must not be and can therefor be murdered."

Xin

Post by Xin » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:20 am

Taziar wrote:Disappointing that the majority of you SS players went this direction with Seanchan role play... in my opinion it is the easy way out and only done through convenience with no backing from book cannon. I hope the Empress (may she live forever) someday declans you all.

So much potential, so much wasted space.

(not trolling here either, I truly won't play Seanchan because of lack of RP integrity since the cross over)
I love how some people use RP as an excuse not to RP.

Here's a thought, if you want to be Seanchan or sworn why don't you actually make it obvious and declare it to the world? The only reason I can think of that you wouldn't is that people will warrant you, hunt you and they won't smob with you. You can't be friends with everyone. If you want to be friends with most people and smob then being a Seanchan is probably not for you.

To emphasise the side's RP integrity for you everyone has fought very hard to maintain the identity of Seanchan since the merger and not be lumped into the generic LS rules/expectations/regulations because Seanchan have completely different cultural values and a societal hierarchy that doesn't gel with the rest of LS. This is reflected in the robust debate over the war system, proposed conventions, warranting rules and dynamics SS has with LS clans. The idea that there is no RP integrity on the side is quite frankly misinformed and offensive. I suspect your idea of RP integrity has nothing to do with actual RP and more to do with your OOC preference that we were still a separate race. However, nothing has changed as even being a separate race OOCly the unclanned LS player in Emonds Field would have still been hunted and by the sounds of it they wouldn't have created an SS character.

If you want to be an unknown sworn that's fine but be aware that you will still be hunted much like unknown darkfriends are hunted by trollocs, fades and dreadlords alike because they're unknown to most. No chosen is going to be like "Oh, hey don't kill so and so, they're actually a darkfriend that gives me herons." You also can't RP an unknown sworn without a handler or participating in some way in the actual game context of what that entails (eg. claiming to be unknown sworn but not actually doing anything to be sworn is not acceptable).

I think its a completely fair assumption that a player not sworn in that is hanging out in Emonds Field is an Oathbreaker given they're considered a hero within the context of the game/book setting and Emonds Field is very much Oathbreaker territory. There is also reason Seanchan are called invaders.

The real poor RP is people that think they can RP their way out of being hunted while remaining friends with Oathbreakers and possibly even using our boats if they get as far as swearing the Oaths. I wonder at what point the original poster asked the high ranking Seanchan if they could swear the Oaths as surely they would have known exactly who the Seanchan was and what they needed to do to stop the attack?

You want to know why SW PK sucks? Because no one actually PKs there and when you initiate PK the pseudo RP police that actually don't care for real RP make posts like this on forums so they can use the SW exp zones which are second to none without threat of being PKed while perpetuating the smob mud ideology. I don't think it has anything to do with bookish RP or a lack of good character/PK on Seanchan players parts but its all about a certain group of players who quite literally want a free pass and think no one should kill them that's not DS.

If you want to participate as an actual Seanchan or sworn you contact a Seanchan and we provide limitless support and assistance. If you don't make that effort its a very fair assumption in my view that you would rather be part of generic LS community which makes you an Oathbreaker. The good news is there are more Oathbreakers than Seanchan and someone is always going to try kill you.

I personally also frequently ask on globals if anyone is looking to swear the Oaths before I go out hunting however I don't think this need be a requirement in any form because its pretty obvious we are always looking for new sworn/recruits much like every other clan or group on the mud. The only players I entertain RPing with about swearing the Oaths and not actually swearing in are lowbies because every single PK level player I have encountered does not want to swear the Oaths unless they approach me about it. I'd say most players both new and old have a fair idea of the direction they want to take with their characters and much like most people don't want to be a Gleeman, most people also don't want to be a Seanchan. However the few that do want to be a Seanchan/Gleeman make the effort.

Yes we have fast transport around the world, the best exp zones in the game, channeling mob support and the best mounts in the game but you don't get to enjoy those pros without the cons of being a Seanchan/sworn as well. So pick a side and stop trying to excuse yourself from the RP and PK that makes this game dynamic and fun.