Feedback request: July temp changes.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Feedback request: July temp changes.

Post by Elysia » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:54 am

Various people have told me they loved the narrating trolloc/Shienaran scouts to help start pk.

I'm curious to know whether this change was felt to be so beneficial that it should be permanent or not?

Horror

Re: Feedback request: July temp changes.

Post by Horror » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:03 am

Always thought good temp changes should become permanent. Yes to this one.

Benjain

Post by Benjain » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:47 am

Yes definitely.

Rark

Post by Rark » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:04 am

For sure

krul

Post by krul » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:30 am

I never used them and my experience was that people's behaviour / laziness didn't change. You have the trolloc scout blight and FD alarm already, not to mention flocks and ragan/gap pigeons, added crutches just allow people to pretend to want pk with even less effort. They are probably most useful for DS given that you are almost always out of range of RK and ravenmaster, but a better solution for that is just to make the ravenmaster narrate his reports instead of yelling them, which would coincidentally benefit anyone somehow attempting to start west PK via flocks and might also cure trollocs of the impulse to afk blacksmith.

deimos

Post by deimos » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:37 pm

I think they're very handy in getting some pk started, especially late at night when there is only 1 or 2 people on DS. Only thing I would change is to give the LS scouts a little more HP. I've hit them a few times and actually had to let them heal before I could hit again because I nearly killed it before his growl could go off.

Mangler

Post by Mangler » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Very good for PK as noted.

My only suggestion would maybe if you could load another one nearby so if they do somehow die you can hit another one too! Also I'm not 100% sure on this but it seems when you're on one side they narrate more than they seem to from the other side's perspective.

I.E I see 5 or 6 narrates when I'm on LS of a trolloc in the gap, but when I'm on DS It seems it takes a while to growl. Not sure if that's an issue with how it triggers in regards to the growl.

Either way a great change.

Also bring back the no channel near stout.

Also bring back warhorses in FD.

But that's another thread.

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:08 pm

krul wrote:I never used them and my experience was that people's behaviour / laziness didn't change. You have the trolloc scout blight and FD alarm already, not to mention flocks and ragan/gap pigeons, added crutches just allow people to pretend to want pk with even less effort. They are probably most useful for DS given that you are almost always out of range of RK and ravenmaster, but a better solution for that is just to make the ravenmaster narrate his reports instead of yelling them, which would coincidentally benefit anyone somehow attempting to start west PK via flocks and might also cure trollocs of the impulse to afk blacksmith.
I rather agree with this.

deimos

Post by deimos » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Lykan wrote:
krul wrote:......but a better solution for that is just to make the ravenmaster narrate his reports instead of yelling them, which would coincidentally benefit anyone somehow attempting to start west PK via flocks and might also cure trollocs of the impulse to afk blacksmith.
I rather agree with this.

Gotta throw my hat in on anything that promotes west pk. Anybody who was involved in the 'good ol' days' of western pk all agree it was some of the best. More narrating reports (or a scout report in SH *cough*) for DS would be good. Many times, there are only 1-3 trolls on DS at a time (late night after boot) and we if we had more of an idea where humans were, there might be more actionable raids.

Ragyn

Post by Ragyn » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Also just the fact that these new scouts are instant helps alot, the delay on ravenmaster/scout master really does a lot, also with the chance of not being in RK/FD at the time of the report.