Tales of the Light

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Razhak

Tales of the Light

Post by Razhak » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:35 am

Perhaps I am not the best person to objectively have any form of opinion about Tales of the Light, but does anyone else also get annoyed by it?

I understand very well that everyone gets a little flustered by seeing his/her names on ToL, but perhaps that some of the remarks pointed at Daal, Kaan, or all the posters there could be resolved through mails?

Perhaps only post once you have resolved it?

I like to read relevant matters there, and the latest flurry of posts about god knows what annoys me a bit.

Perhaps any imm wants to chime in?

PS the first trolloc to post this kind of nonsense on ToD will be docked :P :P :P

Raeza

Re: Tales of the Light

Post by Raeza » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:46 am

Hmm I would think that if you find a post annoying or trivial, you can always just.... choose not to read it?

Based on the description, it seems like just about anything IC fits within the domain of what can be posted on the board:
...great tales of bravery, treaty announcements, marriages, events, statements of intent, stories, poems, song, rhyme, essays.... and any other announcements.

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:53 am

Everything it's currently being used for is fine.

avail

Post by avail » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:44 am

I have to shake my head reading some of them, some are very silly, but it's just a game.

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:49 pm

avail wrote:I have to shake my head reading some of them, some are very silly, but it's just a game.
I mean, yes, but if having poetry up there is fine I think most things people can post are okay :p

Melat

Post by Melat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Sometimes I get confused on the difference between role play and ToL. Given, most posts lately have to do with this war in the south. But the war will be over soon... I think.

Kaan

Post by Kaan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:42 pm

I tend to use role-play forums for long story or rp log posts, like a library archive of rp events and stories, and ToL for more dynamical posts.

Also, I tend to think of ToL as 100% IC interactions or open letters, whereas the RP forums have room for ooc commentary to stories (ie, chronicles of the reavers, and stuff).

Xin

Post by Xin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:41 pm

Well, I debated posting my post purely because I am actually a Seanchan. However, it was in response to a ToL post so figured it should actually go there.

I think Fuujin was attempting to rope the Seanchan into the war so my scalps would count for war points. Earlier I died to Ellysa/Ragyn so it wouldn't surprise me if they gave my scalp to Fuujin to turn in for war points given how desperate they appear to be for said war points (this is only speculation though).

I guess I wanted to highlight that I was actually there to kill everyone, not participate in some silly war. I am not affiliated with anyone but the Seanchan Empire and I declined their offers for scalps they had no involvement in. I would hope there are no Xin scalps that have been turned in for war points particularly as I have not died to any Defenders and there should really be a penalty for trading for scalps in the manner that was offered to me.

There used to be penalties for turning in scalps you didn't earn of 10x the value. Not sure why this wouldn't apply to war points.

Ellysa

Post by Ellysa » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:01 am

I guess it's easy for outsiders to get confused about alliances when you miraculously appear down Tear Road a few tics after Anor starts fighting me, and then a day later you and Anor door trap Fuujin. Obviously, coincidences are possible, but usually, if it quacks like a duck....

I do agree re quest points though re scalps unearned, the quest points and war points should probably be unlinked. Let general award the war points for scalp turn ins, and have the clanned player mail watcher if they were involved in kill and want the qp reward.

Xin

Post by Xin » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:23 am

That doesn't really make sense though.

Why should you get war points for a scalp you haven't earned?

If I kill Solak in Four Kings, why is it that you should be able to trade me a bunch of jcuffs for that scalp and have it count towards a war? Or if I die with a bunch of scalps on me, why should those count towards a war that had nothing to do with the actual kills?

In terms of the whole Anor situation, I went to Tear because that's where the people were to PK. Fuujin actually agreed to PK me and I came for that reason. Anor showed up likely because he got a report from outpost as they receive the same reports we do and he took advantage of the opportunity. Being trapped in an outpost is not really the same as being doored either and Fuujin didn't dismount, walked straight for the door at wounded and spent no time actually thinking through an escape.

Its also not uncommon for *oL to prioritize killing channelers over Seanchan as has always been the case in SW PK since before the merger.

These events have nothing to do with the war and no party to the war should profit from them.