Tales of the Light

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Taziar

Re: Tales of the Light

Post by Taziar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:45 am

I'd like to add a thought about the issue of same side scalping in the war environment,

Killing someone is not the qualifier to gain points in the war system, turning in scalps is. If you can't kill someone, and scalp their corpse, and return that scalp to the turn in location you do not deserve points. This is the fundamental qualification of the game "capture the flag". The mud is coded so that anyone can scalp a corpse, not just the person or group that delivered the kill hit. So game mechanics dictate what is and isn't allowable, not the "should" statements or some "moral code" of players.

The only rule that goes against coded game mechanics is the rule that you are not supposed to turn in any scalps that you were not associated with.

Just some thoughts...

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:42 am

Taziar wrote:I'd like to add a thought about the issue of same side scalping in the war environment,

Killing someone is not the qualifier to gain points in the war system, turning in scalps is. If you can't kill someone, and scalp their corpse, and return that scalp to the turn in location you do not deserve points. This is the fundamental qualification of the game "capture the flag". The mud is coded so that anyone can scalp a corpse, not just the person or group that delivered the kill hit. So game mechanics dictate what is and isn't allowable, not the "should" statements or some "moral code" of players.

The only rule that goes against coded game mechanics is the rule that you are not supposed to turn in any scalps that you were not associated with.

Just some thoughts...
Luckily we dont have such constraints on DS. That's why we have a Tales of the Dark there.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7328

If you same side scalp on DS, and the Chosen find out, you will be punished to the extent of said Chosen's will/intention with extreme prejudice. We like to keep these things away from DS.

Fuujin

Post by Fuujin » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:52 am

It's sad when the shadow has a better attitude about playing the game than LSers, maybe its time I go dust off my trolloc

halarn

Post by halarn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:20 am

@Taziar
Game mechanics is fine and all, but are you saying there shouldnt be rp consequences for you chopping off the head of your own comrades?

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:30 am

Fuujin wrote:It's sad when the shadow has a better attitude about playing the game than LSers, maybe its time I go dust off my trolloc
It's not that DS has a better attitude, just better quality of players. You can tell when a someone is on DS and is a predominant LS player.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:01 pm

Hahaha, sorry guys. I did not mean to troll all of you.

I am going to have to develop some kind of disclaimer to go along with my late night ramblings. The problem with being an English major, I was trained to look at things critically and from multiple perspectives (even to argue for one point only to help prove another).
halarn wrote:@Taziar
Game mechanics is fine and all, but are you saying there shouldnt be rp consequences for you chopping off the head of your own comrades?
Just to answer, I would argue that while DS would have a role play reason to scalp all of their kills, the majority of LS would not reasonably do so. The scalping mechanism is a game mechanic.

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:05 pm

Rig is good quality people

Dimmu said it!

byrg

Post by byrg » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Lea

Post by Lea » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:12 pm

byrg wrote:Image