LAN Question?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Adael

LAN Question?

Post by Adael » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:27 am

Been trying to get a few buddies of mine to start playing. We often end up hanging out at one person's house or another, so I was wondering what exactly the rules are for this? Like if me, P1, P2, P3 all go to P3's house and want to play. But then another day, we may be at P1's place and want to get on. Or my place, etc etc. Is it possible to clear players for multiple locations? What about updating lists of characters cleared for play. Would each person be able to just worry about their own list of alts?

And is statting still allowed among multiple people before applying? I could at least get them hooked on that or something :P

Elysia

Re: LAN Question?

Post by Elysia » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:19 am

You're overthinking it. The LAN permission isn't tied to location, but to a set of characters.

E.g.:
Elysia: Elytest, Elyfctest, Elyhunter.
Elodin: Elotest, Elohunter.
Vivienne: Vivtest, Vivtrolloctest.

Elysia, Elodin and Vivienne can play from their own locations, or if they hook up with any regularity, they can play together.

The one "but" is that if you're logging on from the same place, you have to be on the same side.

Individuals can't update their characters on the LAN, there's a LAN owner who is responsible for the LAN and any communication goes through that person.

Once a LAN has been registered, the individuals can stat - else we can't see who is LAN-statting or multiplay statting. The quickest way right now probably is getting a pre-rolled character and leveling that up a fair bit so it won't delete, registering it and then letting someone stat. Note, only a character of lvl 5 or higher can be registered for a LAN.

Adael

Re: LAN Question?

Post by Adael » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:09 pm

Oooh gotcha. I assumed it was tied to location for IP purposes or something.
Thanks Ely! :)