attitudes and expectations

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Erulisse

Re: attitudes and expectations

Post by Erulisse » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:24 pm

"today's society wanting things handed to them" is basically old men shaking their fists and mumbling 'back in my day....'

sevas

Post by sevas » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

I think Discord brings a lot of toxicity to the game and I for one don't use it.
Personal preference.
I got hit in Coldie last night by 3 DS, I died.

Personal choice to go try and re eq some things. It happens. Was I aggravated? Sure. I only had limited time to play and spending 15 mins in Circle was not how I wanted to spend it.

It is a game. It is words on a screen. I get frustrated at what at the time seems like a dung situation, everyone does. I have been playing DS so much I have forgotten a lot of crap on SS. That rip was probably more my fault than anything.

Point is I changed my plans and stayed logged on and re equed to a *playable* kit.

Like others have said the enjoyment is what you make of it. Nine times out of ten the misery is self created. Go get a kit and keep going.

Melat

Post by Melat » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi guys. Been playing for 7 years. I've never felt shafted or cheated. Most my pk learning has been the help and mentors of mayene guard. We return kits, and sometimes we don't. Or sometimes we make a deal and buy it back. Either way, I'm thankful for people like Dennel, Santino, Marie, Naomi, and even Voss on that side. I'm thankful for my team in the Defenders in which we do use discord to communicate easier. I appreciate people like Zangief who still scares me if I see him in red letters. I appreciate the char separation and then the people that know me across some of my alts. I appreciate that people become my friends because I treated them nice on an alt and didnt even know who it was. I appreciate Rig for being a hard ass but is actually a team player. Even when I first stepped into DS, the first time I pked along side him and he just handed me a jcuff after we won.

I see jestin who doesnt give af when he owns or dies 10 times in a day cuz he'll still pk you in a crappy kit. I appreciate the north pk LS dudes who randomly message me encouraging me towards master, and people like santino who say I'm a below average pker who still needs to learn the basics but is willing to teach!

I appreciate Rhydian (and Austin's blessing) in making Surtain a bar in Tear after 20 years of that empty room. I like seeing progression. If I die, well, something fulfilling about killing lithe to get crappy gear so I can kill something bigger and get better gear. And then the missing pieces I barter my way up. Or just pk naked with a war hammer. It brings new elements.

Anyway, that's my attitude. I have fun. I expect others to be selfish or kind or mean or loving. It's just like the world. And what was said above is great- it's how we respond that matters. And that's why I keep coming back to this great community.

granit

Post by granit » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Razhak wrote:Next time return nothing to her.

I have to say, that with Discord nowadays, my incentive to return eq (which has always been low-low), has become even less :P

People expect returns and expect to be spared whenever nowadays. They go AFK in the middle of nowhere, and if you find them legitemately, they cry to high heavens..
lord how mercy preach on brother razhak. It's kinda out of control now a days.

granit

Post by granit » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:02 pm

no one's safe hehe.. bad attitudes are everywhere. It's a matter of how you react to them. There is a real, real, real, real, real, realllll sad thing going on though someone mentioned earlier. If someone crys, real hard. Like, real, real hard - and they still don't get their way? They will come after your alts or try and ruin the game for you.. yes this game, a text game. A place for fun, and friends. Crazy right? I just hope they get the real help they need one day, that's some deep sad stuff. They know who they are too, it's not like they don't know ;)

Just be cool to each other and if you mess up, say sorry. Then go pk again. It's part of it.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:51 pm

It’s so hard bc this game is addicting as frick. But for me I really have to force myself to step away when game stuff starts irritating me. No one take me seriously if i do dickish stuff. I’ll be back soon enough!

sevas

Post by sevas » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:21 pm

Raz really understands it and gets it right 98 percent of the time. The other 2 % he gets my trolloc killed :D

Atlan

Post by Atlan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Octavio wrote:
Rig wrote:The amount of messages I got concerning them "no voting" my Gaidin applicant really was icing on the cake.
THIS is the biggest BS part of the game. The fact that people choose to screw over another player who creates a completely different character to play a completely different part of the game with should absolutely be grounds for you getting kicked out of your own clan. This is the main reason I left the game before and one that should be looked at hard by the imms.

And don't give me the BS reason that "he plays like a douche on his regular character". So what. That is that character, not the new one. You should be smart enough to have rules in place to kick someone out of a new clan if they also play like a douche there as well. But to deny someone entrance into "your" clan because you don't like how they play a completely different character. That BS is all on you, not them.
So this thread was almost a year old... resurrected!

Can we just acknowledge that Rig now has a Gaidin.. therefore the mud truly is a better place!

And while you were uncharacteristically quiet during your apprenticeship... we all knew!

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:00 pm

YOU KNOW NOTHING!!

I am Myrdaidin. Rygzom.