War system questions

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Joolis

War system questions

Post by Joolis » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Some initial questions:

1. How soon after a war has ended can a clan re-declare a war?

2. If a clan re-declares a war against the same nation, can they include the same terms as the previous war, and would durations stack (e.g. 6mo + 6mo)

3. Can a declaration of war be rescinded if the two clans decide to negotiate peacefully?

4. Can a war in progress be stopped before 21 days if the clans mutually decide to do so?

5. Can you declare multiple wars at the same time?

Tandrael

Re: War system questions

Post by Tandrael » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm

I have an additional question. Clans often have people who are unclanned assist them in wars (apprentices, well-wishers, those with some kind of vendetta against the opposing clan, etc.). What happens when someone who is in clanned turns in war scalps?

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Can you declare war against a dark side city and gain the same benefits?

Khahliana

Post by Khahliana » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Tandrael wrote:I have an additional question. Clans often have people who are unclanned assist them in wars (apprentices, well-wishers, those with some kind of vendetta against the opposing clan, etc.). What happens when someone who is in clanned turns in war scalps?
Seems to me that this would be the same as any other scalp turn in. Because unclanneds have no use for quest points, they generally aren't in any position to receive them. If you get one and you are unclanned and there is a clanned in the group, the clanned should get the scalp.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Used to be you could still get qps for turning in a scalp. Should you end up planning somewhere those eps's would stay and cound towards the new clan. Maybe that was just a Seanchan thing. I know I have an unclanned player with 35-40 qps

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Octavio wrote:Can you declare war against a dark side city and gain the same benefits?
I would guess all LS nations are, by default at war with the DS. I can't even imagine what the DS would get if they 'won'. Probably nothing, as usual :shock:

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Dimmu wrote:
Octavio wrote:Can you declare war against a dark side city and gain the same benefits?
I would guess all LS nations are, by default at war with the DS. I can't even imagine what the DS would get if they 'won'. Probably nothing, as usual :shock:
Haha. This.

Octavio

Post by Octavio » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Just thought it would be nice to see LS have some type of advantage over DS...maybe they could lose Keeps's gates for 6 months.

Ok seriously kidding about the advantage but I do think it's something that would also be fun cross race.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Not yet, that's an idea for some time far away in the future and probably wouldn't use the terms/demands, as that would be silly.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm

Joolis wrote:Some initial questions:

1. How soon after a war has ended can a clan re-declare a war?
We haven't determined that yet.
Joolis wrote: 2. If a clan re-declares a war against the same nation, can they include the same terms as the previous war, and would durations stack (e.g. 6mo + 6mo)
No, you cannot stack. There's a reason the max is 6 months and making it stack would defeat that limit.
Joolis wrote: 3. Can a declaration of war be rescinded if the two clans decide to negotiate peacefully?
Of course.
Joolis wrote: 4. Can a war in progress be stopped before 21 days if the clans mutually decide to do so?
Of course.[/quote]

Joolis wrote: 5. Can you declare multiple wars at the same time?
See the multiple factions. You can be at war with multiple factions and it doesn't matter who started it.