Feedback request: PK/CTF quest

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Alison

Re: Feedback request: PK/CTF quest

Post by Alison » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:24 am

Balance

1. make one or two ls be "ds" for the duration of the game. So if you have 10 ls and 5 ds, choose 3 ls to be "ds" for the duration of the game. Not sure
if you can alter the *name*, but might balance it out.

2. The 2 hours was fun and i liked that it was more controlled. i Guess it can be done in any area, just put it off limits for any accepted. Thus if you use a zone like caralain, Make it that we can support tv and ds have a supporter at say rahime.

3. Liked that there was mini smobs thrown into the whole thing. Made it fun.

4. Maybe give the supporters something to do as well. We didnt do much healing throughout that, Maybe if we have 2 healers for the duration, let one of us become ds healer for the duration of the game. As a peace treaty or give them a mob that can heal. If its too unbalance.

Overall a good start to a different experience for the mud. Thanks to everyone that did this and created it. Fareleaen and I had a great, fun- two hours together, even i bet Kitiara sedai had a good time when we supported.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:34 am

I know we're not a game with the highest rp standards, but switching people to another race for an event goes a bit too far. It's not DeathMatch mud and things still count.

Braul

Post by Braul » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:00 am

Not sure if this would work, but when you have these long lead time type quests, announced in advance, maybe we ask players to post what character they plan on logging in with. This way we would have an idea about numbers, and it may also drive people to choose a character on the side that's outnumbered. Of course people may try and game the system and intentionally lie, or there will be people who just get involved spur of the moment....Just an idea :)

Mangler

Post by Mangler » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Or just give a running count of numbers on each side in the time running up to the start of the quest.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks Braul and Mangler. I might try that.

Terinor

Post by Terinor » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:21 pm

i think having the battle happen across a set of 15-25 rooms would be ideal. big enough to move but not too large that being too far away is an issue.

i also think the mini missions thing was cool, but maybe it could load in the same spot every time. and in the center of the two bases. big group hits smob. smaller group hits big group on it. can help them turn tide.

3 exits i thought was too much, but 1 is too little.

overall had a lot of fun and i liked the two hour window. thanks a ton for doing it.