Awesome movie thread

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Mangler

Re: Awesome movie thread

Post by Mangler » Fri May 27, 2016 5:50 pm

Mindless fun?

With subtitles? Azumi/Ong Bak/The Raid

Without? Never Back Down (Honestly I'm ashamed to even enjoy this movie). Krull. Reign of Fire. The Scorpion King.

Interesting? Everest. The Theory of Everything. Her.

Madin

Post by Madin » Fri May 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Watch The Lobster

Dartes

Post by Dartes » Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Some of my personal favorite movies:

Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz/World's End "trilogy". Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead being the better two. (Gotta love british humor... or humour?) :P

Another somewhat obscure movie that always makes me laugh is Flypaper. A friend's brother rented it, so I wasn't expecting much, but now it's one of my more favorite comedies.

Another favorite random horror/comedy of mine is Tucker and Dale vs Evil... though the people that know me are probably tired of hearing me talk up this one!

Also gotta plug Killer Klowns From Outer Space, which I watched over and over as a kid. Horror/comedy that might not be for everyone, since it's a little cheesy...

Alayla

Post by Alayla » Fri May 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Oh, a resurrected thread!
Mangler wrote: Krull.
Just... No words... *giggle

Elyse I loved William and Myrna as well in The Thin Man movies. :)

I'm no movie critic, mostly if I'm entertained it's a win:
Not a fan of Matt M. but Interstellar was great.
My husband and I still quote Office Space lines. Just really funny.
For some reason we also found Edge of Tomorrow really amusing/entertaining.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Fri May 27, 2016 9:07 pm

Office Space is a masterpiece. 100% love that movie.

Mangler

Post by Mangler » Sat May 28, 2016 4:39 am

You... you've got my stapler. That's... my... you've got.. my stapler. Everyone should watch Office Space.

Thumbs up to the Cornetto movies mentioned - Hott Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, World's End (albeit that's the weaker of the 3).

Also Edge of Tomorrow was mystifyingly quite entertaining I thought. I think Emily Blunt saved it by being awesome.

Don't diss Krull.

Alayla

Post by Alayla » Sat May 28, 2016 5:59 am

No diss, it's just been ages since I saw mention of that movie. I saw it for the first time at some youth function, then found it again years later. Loved it the first time. Loved it (and laughed) the second time. Creepy eyeball guy should have given me nightmares no matter how old I was.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Sat May 28, 2016 11:15 am

Watched Straight Outta Compton last night, if you ever listened to any of this stuff back in the late 80's early 90's you will find it interesting to see how it all happened. I really enjoyed it.

Taziar

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Sat May 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Mangler wrote:You... you've got my stapler. That's... my... you've got.. my stapler. Everyone should watch Office Space.

Thumbs up to the Cornetto movies mentioned - Hott Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead, World's End (albeit that's the weaker of the 3).

Also Edge of Tomorrow was mystifyingly quite entertaining I thought. I think Emily Blunt saved it by being awesome.

Don't diss Krull.
Really? I haven't seen Shaun but I enjoyed World's End way more than Hot Fuzz, and it actually hit pretty hard in the more serious scenes. Simon Pegg nailed it.

I liked Edge of Tomorrow, but it didn't knock me on my ass, and some of the recommendations are movies I've never heard of. What are Krull and Red Lobster that makes em worthy of note?

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Sat May 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Not seen Krull?!?

How old are you Manty?