Steam

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Cobaen

Steam

Post by Cobaen » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:24 am

Anyone have it and what type of games do you play? Got it and some games recently. Just learning Ark survival evolved and Rust. What are some other good games to play?

Spyder

Re: Steam

Post by Spyder » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:19 am

What sort of games are you into ?

Nettle

Post by Nettle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:54 am

I play X-com (Long War mod) quite a bit. (I don't like looking at my hours played...hehe) Isometric turn based squad combat, mixed w/ RTS base building, mixed w/ RPG your troops improve w/ xp.

For playing with friends: Payday2, Blackwake, and Deathwing. Payday2 is an FPS where you play a criminal and have to fight off hoards of police. Blackwake is a pirate game, loading cannons, repairing broken walls, putting out fires. It's hilarious. Deathwing is a Warhammer 40k Space Hulk game. Alien swarms set in a futuristic/archaic world. It's fun and brutal.

The Harebrained Scheme's entire Shadowrun series is amazing. It's an isometric turn-based RPG based on the table top game Shadowrun. The creator of SR, Jordan Weisman, owns Harebrained Scheme, so this is a SR game made from the original creator. If you're not familiar with the Shadowrun world, it's futuristic and high technological advances, but magic has returned to the world, so there's wizards and orcs. Kinda like Bladerunner meets Lord of the Rings.

Road Redemption is a Road Rash clone. If you like motorcycle fighting games, it's the creme de la creme. In the same vein, I like rally racing games, so I've played pretty much all of the Dirt franchise. Their physics are incredible, the game can be extremely difficult.

The Total War franchise is amazing. It's a war simulator game. I like Medieval 2 Total War. It's got two basic phases. One where you move your different resources about the board and manage your cities, then one where you actually have tactical fights. It's got a rock/paper/scissor type mechanic where different troops are more well suited vs others.

Fallout franchise...all of them. Elder scrolls...all of them. There's nothing more fun than modding Skyrim until it breaks and then fixing it.

I really could go on and on. Steam is a blessing and a curse. I recommend putting games you're interested in on your wishlist. Steam runs sales quite often and they'll email you or notify you when a game on your wishlist is on sale. Then they'll have a game you've loved for $5 and it's only $5, so you buy it and have never played it. My library is full of steam sale purchases I've never played, but the price is too good to pass up! XD

Vampa

Post by Vampa » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Riva

Post by Riva » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:55 pm

I know this sounds incredibly lame, but seriously consider trying Stardew Valley.

Other than that

I love the Bioshock games, Fallout, Divinity, Borderlands and XComm

alima

Post by alima » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:07 pm

I really enjoy Ark. I don't play a lot of games on steam, but I do have a few. Mostly just Ark though :)

melyssan

Post by melyssan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:01 pm

i mainly play the VN novels on there like muv-luv, wagamamahigh spec, the fruit of grisaia etc if your into like tactical rpg types i highly recremend aselia the eternal the spirit of eternity sword, and its sequal seinarukana the spirit of eternity swords,and pillars of eternity

Paj

Post by Paj » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:30 pm

ARK.

RE6.

Did a lot of Terraria and Robocraft.

But ARK has a great "pickup anywhere and get somewhere" feel.

Joolis

Post by Joolis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:16 pm

I will be picking up Sea of Thieves. Can't wait! Yarr!

Cobaen

Post by Cobaen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:41 am

Nice nice, just joined the group. aguyhere is me.. Paj, Alima you play Ark actively? Could use some halp learning just started the other day lol.