Looking for players - online rpg

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
nargus

Looking for players - online rpg

Post by nargus » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 am

Good morning all,

For the past few years I've been running a weekly tabletop RPG group online. Due to unfortunate RL circumstances, a couple of our regular players have been forced to step away - and I'm looking for up to three interested parties to join us for a new campaign we're about to kick off.

We rotate systems pretty regularly across a broad range; this one is going to be D&D 5th edition. We play on Fridays, ~8:30 pm to 11:30 pm EST. We use roll20 for dice, sheets and maps, and discord for voice chat.

This particular campaign is going to be a bit different, as it's an idea I've been brewing in my head for a couple of years now. The 30 second pitch is this:

The characters wake in a mass of bones beneath a smoky, red sky. The twisted landscape of Avernus stretches before you. Hand clutching your weapons, a fleeting sense of purpose echoes in your mind. You are here for a reason - if only you could remember what that reason is. Or for that matter....who you are...

Players will begin game with no memory of their past beyond their own name, their skills, a vague sense of purpose and a deja vu-like recognition of their fellow party members. It's going to be a pretty sandbox game - the general story line is pursuing that purpose and recovering memory, but if the party wants to go in a different direction that's absolutely fine - this is the Nine Hells after all, opportunity and corruption abounds.

I like recruiting from wotmudders, as we've had good success in crafting entertaining games. There are two old school mudders (Vicktor, Valkner) in the group currently, and I'm working on a third that hasn't played since ~2002 to bring him in (Malk for anyone that remembers the old bastard). If you're interested in joining for this campaign - and potentially on an ongoing basis - let me know here or by PM and we can chat further and see if it's a fit.

N

Brocas

Re: Looking for players - online rpg

Post by Brocas » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:19 am

I have to admit, this sounds super fun... I just sadly don't think I have the time to commit to it. Good luck!

briana

Re: Looking for players - online rpg

Post by briana » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 am

i miss malk. that is all.