Non pk qps rewards for clanneds

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Paj

Re: Non pk qps rewards for clanneds

Post by Paj » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:42 pm

I'm for this. I list easy council quests for cav and some have used it to break that last qp. striker to rank. Would be more benefit to smobbing for clanneds. Qps to present clanned, qps to smob leader if clanned. No limit or high limit though. If a dedicated (#nolife) PK player can make master in 6 months, why shouldn't a role playing/smobbing player be able to make it in 12 months.

Are they less worthy for master because they have a job, family, aren't good at PK, have disabilities, or link issues?

Mobol qp reward would from a hidden mob at random smobs through day. After qps dished, mob moves to another smob.

A hidden figure whispers, "Well done adventurers" before dashing off into further shadows.

pial

Post by pial » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:50 pm

The disdain some of you people have for pkers is absolutely absurd, but I will show you why we're the better breed: I would be absolutely fine with increased qp rewards for smobbing (obviously the difference between smobbing and pking is you can kill smobs over and over and over with little to no risk so the rewards would have to take that into account). I think what would benefit lightside a lot is even having something where helping gear other people who are either new, died in pk, or whatever could get some qps as well!

Paj

Post by Paj » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:12 pm

I've geared langois a few times. I actually felt punished afterward.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:16 pm

As a Gaidin Councillor I made an effort to make new quests every month/few months. This can easily be handled by active clan councillors. So in this regards, we as players can be self sufficient in this matter without having to burden any imms (offcourse go through you clanimm first to ask whats allowed/possible)

The down side is that after all such effort invested the one investing the time gets nothing most of the time. The same goes for Chosen spending hours and hours grooming DF's and so on. Alot can be fixed by clan councillors, but perhaps we need some imms out there who are specifically for keeping an eye on these matters? They wouldnt need to be big builders or otherwise, but just keep an eye out on globals/people, start some RP, engage in some interaction and reward here and there?

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Yeah I suppose if they really did want to go for it...that's a lot of effort 1k smob scalps.... But as to the roaming mob idea yeah no lol. Centralized turn in's like fd/cam/ef. As well as your clan head would be completely fine. Wtf wants to find a roaming mob, no one. I didn't mean to centralize this only on my idea of smob heads either. And I'm not saying it has to be only limited to that idea being imped. Where are some other ideas?

PS. Still think max of 250 qps for smob heads per year is more then fair. But I'm also wanting other avenues of non pk qps rewards imped as well.

Theid

Post by Theid » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:36 pm

I really like the idea of creating new avenues for people, who like Paj mentioned, are less PK inclined for different reasons.

- Low Qpts per Smob Scalp. (1)
- Mid Qpts per Top Tier Smob Scalps (2-3)
- Highest Qpts per City Head Scalps (5)
- Group Qpts for Chain Completions. (SW Chain 1 qpt per person, Murgoz 2 qpt per person, Northern chain 1 qpt per person, ect)

I also agree with Petra and Razhak that clan Masters and Council CAN make player run quests, activities, RP and reward accordingly, however I think a more established straight forward path like solid (no % chance of a qpt) per scalp or chain completion would be the best solution.

With reduced time to play, knowing that that thirty minutes to an hour of logging in and playing will net you 2-3 qpts instead of a chance of 2-3 qpts makes a big difference. Also anything to bring people more together and have fun smobbing is always a good thing!

For the rank racers through PK or through Smobbing, it'll happen. Atleast through smobbing the side effects will be loads of gear for everyone else! Not to mention player interaction too!

My two crowns.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Ther is a cap on council awards also, I will have to find post when I get home from work to quote what it is exactly as I can't remember off the top of my head... but iirc you can't award more than 30 qps in a 6 month period and this is all councilor quests, so I you have 2 active council members you have to stay under the 30 limit counting both sets of quests.

Brocas

Post by Brocas » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Taziar wrote:Ther is a cap on council awards also, I will have to find post when I get home from work to quote what it is exactly as I can't remember off the top of my head... but iirc you can't award more than 30 qps in a 6 month period and this is all councilor quests, so I you have 2 active council members you have to stay under the 30 limit counting both sets of quests.

And that's where I think the balance is off. 30 qps, even as a bad PKer can be obtained in a weeks time if the people you are PKing with are people who share. To have this be the limit over a 6 month period is irrational.
Last edited by Brocas on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Hrm I was unaware of this council quests thing you speak of...I try to keep them up for companions. All 2 of us you know...well 3 now! But ya, that's absurd that council quests are limited. I never knew about this...I would say any imm that enforced that rule is pretty harsh honestly. Council quests are usually 1 qp decently time consuming quests. That generally teaches zone knowledge of your lands and or gets smob groups together. Shouldn't be limited at all. I can see the potential for abuse of course. But I don't think that's the case in most clans.

Cerys

Post by Cerys » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:28 pm

Regarding council quests.

I do use 30qps as a guideline simply to curb unlimited quests. I've seen well over 40 separate council quests open at once. Players will have a harder time keeping track of what they've done (and may accidentally do them twice which can result in docking qps). From an audit stance, trying to make sure all the awardings are legitimate is challenging to say the least.

If council approaches their clan Watcher about what additional quests points that can be offered, I'm sure they will be willing to work with council on it.