Non pk qps rewards for clanneds

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Shamara

Re: Non pk qps rewards for clanneds

Post by Shamara » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:20 pm

I liked this idea though.

Hidden mobs (at random smobs) that awards qps to clanned if smob is slain.

Pros:
-Amount or random % to trigger can be changed to ensure it's not OP and doesn't draw away from PK
-Requires no player initiative to create (just initiative to smob)
-More gear will be passed off to newbies/dumped into barrels
-Precedent as it might be similar to random RP awards?
-Provides opportunity to reward people who didn't get/need gear, or the scalp for a smob based quest, etc.

Cons:
-Doubt it would yield 250 qps every 3 months (as per other proposal, but some have posted that is too much anyway)
-Could it be implemented so people in adjacent rooms (regening/supporting) also have a chance of getting awarded?

Aira

Post by Aira » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:23 pm

It could just be me, but I think comparing anything to the supposed average of 50 qps a week for pkers is a gross exaggeration. Maybe the top end pkers and plethora of scalp thieves can make that, but I don't feel that's the average by far. For me, it's closer to <10 qps a week, with some weeks where I get nothing at all. Granted, I frequently give scalps away to people closing in on master, but I think most people do that so that should affect everyone more or less equally.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:20 pm

I like the idea of smob qps but mainly for a different reason. I've recently come back after a long inactivity. I've been around for a few days. And despite all that I've read and seen, it is easier to get a pk scalp than to gather a smobbing group!

This mud has always presented itself as a pk and rp mud. Yes, pk is the main rp of fighting clans. But the other aspects are too weakened, I believe. Smobbing is a group activity, therefore something that should be supported as much as possible. Smobbing can bring activity to less used zones. Smobbing is an opportunity for pk as well (recent battle against a group of ds smobbers in the middle of the map).

I believe rewards for smob heads would be awesome, as another opportunity to get qps. In the other thread, people got upset there are fewer pk scalps around, and that is totally possible. And it sometimes feels bad to fight mostly against masters. And it as well feels like pulling the ladder others comfortably climbed. That can be demotivating for part of the playerbase, especially in the sense of deciding to make a new character and join a new clan and give it some more activity. We need more activity in various clans, so why not make it a bit less hard to leave your already awesome character and try something new. But I don't think the fact most qps come from pk is anything wrong. And I don't see the fact super pkers master faster as wrong either.

As to the limit:
Yes, there probably should be some. But is fast mastering of great smobbers any worse than fast mastering of great pkers? Especially in non-pk oriented clans?
I think the best kind of limit would be limit per smob. Having a limit of 2 Kurals, 2 Belrois, 2 everything (or 1 or 3 or whatever) would make people diversify smobbing, not hoard "easy" smob heads. It would as well help with the scalp distribution as the individual group members could have different needs and the group would basically be helping each other on a quest :-) . It could as well bring more activity to less visited smobs and zones.

I think this would be best done separately from the council quests, even though councils can certainly implement more smobbing qps without any need for imm. But I think Council quests of various kinds are another thing that should make part of the clan experience, it shouldn't be one or the other, one type of quest shouldn't prevail over all the others.

Yes, it is a bit of a selfish wish too. Not only because I am certainly not an awesome pker. But as well because I really like smobbing and would love to enjoy more of it.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:58 am

Reading back old threads, it constantly amazes me just how many ideas have actually BEEN implemented. A lot of great ideas (like pulv's idea to put murgoz abs on agelmar) do fall through the cracks, but probably because of workload etc.

I often feel critical of wotmud these days, but there are so many threads like this and I wonder how many games are out there that take in this much of what players want and put it into action.

So just wanted to say thank you imms for listening and with all its flaws wotmud truly has been quite something.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:53 pm

If you want a new character and don't pk, you probably want to start in KMG and then transfer to whatever clan once you get master...

Doesn't seem too complicated, -200 qps is the cost to change clans, doesn't seem too rough.

Fermin

Post by Fermin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:54 pm

There are already QPS for all the DS clan heads...the loads aren't amazing but still counts as smobbing I think.

zeek

Post by zeek » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:07 am

Sarryn wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:01 am
This was brought up in the other post. I think it definitely deserves it's own post. While I've never been in this situation. I could certainly see how extremely frustrating this might be for some players. Those ones that don't play this game for the player killing. I think they deserve more avenues towards qps rewards. Be that more clan quests, council quests, rewards for smobs (hey idea 1qp per smob head, while not a lot it's something), more rewards for rping in general. Maybe we even start having council give rewards for those rpers who post rp logs and or posts. I'm all for giving everyone the chance to master. I loathe the elitist attitude and hierarchy to begin with. There's 0 reason that people who either choose not pk or can't pk well to not gain these rewards that us pkers obtain. Ideas, discuss?!
players like erulisse would have been rank 9 + if you could farm smobs for 1 qp a head. but im not against it haha. I just imagine the world where more people than not have master bonus's and then we're all similiar in stats but different in gear/pracs/skill level. The good players will always bubble to the top in pk. I don't really see the reason to stifle other's game progression.

zeek

Post by zeek » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:12 am

Racquel wrote:In fact, why pk at all when you get 3 of your best friends and get a definite no-risk reward
You know what the irony is.. someone and their 3 best friends will start grouping and farming the other groups of best friends because pk always finds a way lol!

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:36 pm

This is terrible, how come nobody told me i was supposed to have 3 best friends?

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:38 am

Detritus wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:36 pm
This is terrible, how come nobody told me i was supposed to have 3 best friends?
It is like Harry Potter..

I can be Harry, Ibner can be Ron and you can be Hermione!