Non pk qps rewards for clanneds

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Racquel

Re: Non pk qps rewards for clanneds

Post by Racquel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:22 pm

People are right that these issues can be fixed with an active clan council. Most clans don't have one. If I wasn't already a master, I'd have no chance of mastering through rp anymore - we just don't have an active council. This is a problem a lot of clans have currently. I don't know how to fix it.

Drol

Post by Drol » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Xierian wrote:Back in Seandar, in the age of the Seanchan, rp'in/smobbing/exploring was a large part of some of the clans. I know that in the Seanchan Imperial Guard, you could get around 250 of the 1000 through this method. Because of this, I knew Seandar VERY well, and it had lots of nucks and grannies to explore/learn.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like brought back so that there is an alternative to just going out and either killing or be killed.

This was in LARGE part due to the master of the clan at the time though. He put in SO much work designing the tasks to be done. That was all he really could do seeing as he was blind and all. But, I like the idea too!
The person you're referring to didn't write any of those tasks - I did. What that person did, was become so liberal with giving qps for things that they were banned by immortals from actually being on council.

Enok

Post by Enok » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:54 pm

I'm shocked and surprised. A player controlled system being abused on wotmud?!?! Surely a first and last. :roll:

Davor

Post by Davor » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Sounds like a good idea.

I mastered a char in 26 days way back when. I do think it would take significantly more time now given that PK is scarce, despite being the best player in the game who dethroned he cannot be dethroned(I killed him AFK twice so everyone knows). Since the rank 8 changes I did try to get qps for about a week, I got about 60 in about 5 days while on vacation and playing more heavily than I usually do. Now that I'm back to work I believe it will take a very long time to achieve rank 8, I still need 1940.

Protus

Post by Protus » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:15 pm

I like the idea but am hesitant to put the rewards to large in the beginning.

Back when i smobbed often, with the right 2-3 people we could literally kill 10-15 smobs depending on the direction we went in an hour. We would sometimes do this for 1-3 hrs. Thats what, potentially 30-45 qps in a day a few days a week. So roughly 90- 135 a week. I just think we need to taper our enthusiasm for this a bit and make sure we start small and adjust accordingly IF something like this was implemented.

Theid

Post by Theid » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:22 pm

Protus wrote:I like the idea but am hesitant to put the rewards to large in the beginning.

Back when i smobbed often, with the right 2-3 people we could literally kill 10-15 smobs depending on the direction we went in an hour. We would sometimes do this for 1-3 hrs. Thats what, potentially 30-45 qps in a day a few days a week. So roughly 90- 135 a week. I just think we need to taper our enthusiasm for this a bit and make sure we start small and adjust accordingly IF something like this was implemented.
I understand the feeling to be hesitant. I just want to point out that if I pked 1-3 hours a day, and everyone gave me the scalps, then in a week I'd definitely acquire a large sum (+135) of qpts by the end of the week.

If in your example, the scalps are all going to one person? Which would look excessive and the same can be said for the 1 Pker getting all the scalps too.
But if you split the Smob scalps like Pk scalps are usually, then the rewards are actually lowered to a much more reasonable and productive number.

Paj

Post by Paj » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Protus wrote:I like the idea but am hesitant to put the rewards to large in the beginning.

Granted some of us go on smobbing sprees. My idea for hidden mobs (at random smobs) that awards qps to clanned if smob is slain, would have provided maybe a third of the qps you state. So where a PKer kills 5 people and gets 25-35 qps in a week, your killing 10-45 smobs in a week would produce 3-15 qps (a third). 15 qps a week at 52 weeks is still only 780 qps.

Put a time limit on it, 500 qps per 6 months. Or 250 qps per 3 months. But an annual limit would put off a player for a year if they put in some hard work and hit the wall again. There is no wall to PK, which can be solo or group, and even in group you may/may not get a scalp. Why put a line on something that would encourage more smobbing, more grouping, more coalitions.

Council questpoints, 30 qps over 6 months. While it helps a bit with rank 1-4, it doesn't do much of a dent to master (Or even R8).

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:25 pm

I like to award my family of fiendish rogues by making them being me 10 enormous worm scalps + The Great Blight worm. I hate worms.

I also like to troll people by telling them I'll clan them if they bring me the same thing. Really gets me going when some of you guys do it lololol

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Davor wrote:Sounds like a good idea.

I mastered a char in 26 days way back when. I do think it would take significantly more time now given that PK is scarce, despite being the best player in the game who dethroned he cannot be dethroned(I killed him AFK twice so everyone knows). Since the rank 8 changes I did try to get qps for about a week, I got about 60 in about 5 days while on vacation and playing more heavily than I usually do. Now that I'm back to work I believe it will take a very long time to achieve rank 8, I still need 1940.
Last LS char I mastered was maybe 2 years ago and it took a little under a month and I was playing maybe 10 hrs a week, pretty much exclusively on weeknights. Back in the "good old days" of crazy rewards (11 qps or w/e for remort heads, anyone?) and massive numbers, it was doable in a couple weeks. I don't think that our numbers have shifted much in the past two years, but the issue is that somehow the goal of pkers became to survive rather than to kill their opponent. Thus, pk is slower, more boring, and fewer people die.

I just think of how quickly Verania would've been r9 if these proposals were imped :p

Protus

Post by Protus » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:52 pm

Paj - My worry then will be what if someone from the group isnt in room re-genning and misses out or cant come back in room because of emotes.

Again I like the idea and I do love to smob and this would of course make me play protus again to get rank 8 without having to take 400 scalps from people who aren't master.

Would have to be smobs that cant be solo'd, though that would be great for me :P Then again as a master warrior I can solo quite a few smobs with some effort and I dont like the idea of imms changing smobs to be harder so people like me cant solo it.

I would like if an imm might be able to chime in and see if this is even an option? Because if its not, we are just living in our dream world again. Wants, Needs, coding, blah blah blah.