Roleplay

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Racquel

Roleplay

Post by Racquel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:26 am

Roleplay used to be a big part of the game. Clans used to be a big part of this. Now, it seems there's only individual players that actively want to Rp (plus the 'forced' tower Rp that I personally don't find that inspiring).

So, what happened? And is there anything that can be done to restore a bit of what there used to be? Or am I just missing it?

Elysia

Re: Roleplay

Post by Elysia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 am

There is actually a lot more in character interactions than one would suspect. However, as with anything, people have less time and long, drawn out dramatic storylines happen less frequently. If anything, I see more people being in character now than in the past few years. However, merely being in character may not be the type of roleplay you're looking for.

Racquel

Post by Racquel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:10 am

It is, to a degree. That's how rp starts. I'm honestly not sure what I am looking for, but I've noticed there's a trend amongst players who I would say are known as the more traditional type rpers that rp is dead entirely. It's also something that if I ask which clans are keen on it, you get crickets at best - broad statements about no and poor rp at worst. I was just wondering about other people's perceptions I suppose.

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:44 pm

I highly value RP, I admire PK and enjoy that as well. The more I pk the better I become. Always been that way, constant practice.

Rp on the other hand can come naturally with the right people, I dislike forced RP or lots of OOC tells during . The magical moment of great RP is so great.
On most of my alts.

krul

Post by krul » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:51 pm

There are pockets of RPers, people who value staying in character, but the PKers of this game often mock RP and anyone who engages with it seriously, and it does seem pretty stagnant at the moment. That has to discourage people. There also seems to be misconceptions about what RP is, like the thought that RP consists of emotes when really they're not necessary at all. My RP is terrible but I enjoy the heck out of it, just as much as I enjoy any PK session.

Jomin

Post by Jomin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:48 pm

Well, when I eventually get away from the White Tower libraries and my room which is where I'm still devoting a great amount of time to a system to help people live better in this world {OOC: Mudlet} I will try to stay in character as my RP is definitely better than my PK :shock:.

I just hope that some Sisters recognise my effort when I finally try to get out of my mainly white clothing. :oops:

Jomin al'Bara [Tower Accepted]
{a.k.a. Mudlet maker: SlySven}