Equipment Wipe

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
cassidy

Equipment Wipe

Post by cassidy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:06 am

How about it?

I miss reequipping in oiled stuff, full wooden shield and long thin sword.

While doing it, make all the top weapons rare again, a claymore is a really good weapon and not something you see everywhere.

This would lower the damage output some and would solve most stuff thats been said in the balance thread.

Enok

Re: Equipment Wipe

Post by Enok » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:24 am

I think consensus in that thread was that until master damage is done away with, we can only come so close with balancing weapons. Almost any weapon a master touches becomes viable, which is pretty stupid. Removing it takes coding, so will probably never change even if the suggestion carries weight upstairs.

Also, those who choose not to rp very well will always have the advantage of killing inno mobs for gear (like people farming Tallanvor or whatever his name is in WB for tabards and brass hilteds).

An eq wipe is a two edged sword and requires most smob/mob loads to be tweaked before it's done (huge undertaking). Otherwise we'll have the exact same situation within a week.

Tolveor

Post by Tolveor » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:16 pm

i dont know if its a good thing to lower damage output. So a normal warrior will be stuck with claymore instead of wsl while a channeler still have her ice spikes and fire balls.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Think this has been on the NWIH list for 2 decades :p

Vaen

Post by Vaen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:15 pm

This is one of those ideas that sounds really stupid at first glance, but the more you consider it, it actually still turns out to be a really stupid idea.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:25 pm

I read this as "Equitant wipe" and was very sad that someone wanted Equitant wiped :(

Eol

Post by Eol » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:25 pm

There's things I like about it.

It could potentially be used to help establish an economy / wipe out all the clan gear / allow certain weapons to be designated top weapons in classes and then be made more rare / better (most of the common top ends weapons are just variations of each other with some being more useful)

I think Enok summed up what it would take - a hard revision of all sorts of gear and smob loads.

But really.. do we need a wipe for that? What items are honestly that troublesome?

Do we want to go smobbing and have nothing to show for it? (that's essentially what's being proposed - induced scarcity.)

Anyway, all that aside, the good the bad, - it will never happen. Here's why - the direction of the game is one of RAISING the floor. Its very clear that the goal has been to try and make it much easier for a new player to immediately acquire usable weapons, gear, stats etc so that they can level and do things and maybe stay and keep the game alive.

krul

Post by krul » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:42 pm

If we're suggesting that imms wipe all of Equitant's equipment, I'm all for it.