Icon for WoTMUD in Mudlet sought

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Jomin

Icon for WoTMUD in Mudlet sought

Post by Jomin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:52 pm

For those who care about these things I am contributing {C++} code to the Mudlet MUD Client and recently (so recently that current users won't yet see it unless they role their own binary from the current HEAD of the "development" or "release_30" branches) I have been able to add WoTMUD as one of the MUD Servers that it displays when a user goes to connect to a game. I had a possible 120x30 icon in mind but (I guess for copyright reasons) it was not possible to use it and instead Viv (with Flash's agreement) very kindly suggested another one that I could use instead which is currently in place in the source code in those {GitHub} repositories.

Unfortunately it has been commented on that (when scaled to 120x30 pixels) the smaller text is not really readable (and to be honest, it is perhaps no longer as accurate as it once was. ;) )

I was wondering if there is any budding artist out there who can create a 4:1 aspect ratio image that would be associated with WoT if not WoTMUD and would be able to be licensed under the GPL version 2.1 (or at the eventual end user's desire, a later version)?

As Mudlet currently (or when I rework code in that area of the Application, will in the future) use such icons the left-most quarter will not be overwritten by any text, so I'd recommend that area for any particularly detailed artwork! Also, the current icon size is not a particularly high resolution so details cannot be of a very fine nature. However, some of the other MUD icon images are of a higher resolution and are currently scaled down and with the very high resolution of some MacOS devices these days, things may change in the future to use more pixels to draw the icons...

If a suitable image is made legitimately available and is felt to be appropriate by the relevant parties (I will ask Viv who those may be :D ) I will seek to get it into that Client.

Yours in the Light

Jomin al'Bara
{a.k.a. SlySven}

Jomin

Re: Icon for WoTMUD in Mudlet sought

Post by Jomin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:33 pm

We have one submission so far that I feel that can be used - but for some reason I cannot get it to show here....