Tairen Bazaar - Opinions

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
jasmin

Tairen Bazaar - Opinions

Post by jasmin » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:17 am

Hey - I wanted to poll opinions.

Previously trading back and forth on forums I found pretty fun, and I also found it great to keep an idea of value of objects because people would post their offers.

Now I understand if people don't want to tout the fact that they have 6 E-gowns, 4 heron's and a Dbelt sitting on their storage - but for those who don't care about that kind of thing - what do you think about making a conscious effort to actually haggle and trade in the Bazaar.

Someone posts offering a heron and asking for Jcuffs and Egowns - If someone posts offering 4 jcuffs but no Egown and is told they've already been mailed a higher bid - then we've got an idea of what suits.

Right now I just don't even both offering for most items because I know so many people with so much eq stored that I don't expect to be able to compete. Conversely I've then seen trades fail where noone gets a single offer (or anything non-ridiculous).

I'd expect some Etiquette. If someone's named an asking price, someone else has met (or bettered) that asking price, and the offer has been accepted, it would be expected to proceed. Caveats apply - someone saying actually sorry a friend asked for this instead, or no actually someone else has outbid you, would be reasonable - but if someone does this every time they do a trade - obviously its going to effect their reputation and willingness of others to go through with trades.

Also - particularly for the smobber crowd - is anyone interesting in trading/selling full kits.
i.e. I suck at reequiping, and then when I die I run out and fight wearing half a set and continue dying until I've cleared my stores of anything useful. Having say - A full kit and a vial, weapon and shield spread over two rents, would be something that would massively increase my survivability. Having someone willing to sell me that at a decent price..

Rig

Re: Tairen Bazaar - Opinions

Post by Rig » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:42 am

Never understood why people have an shiny things in storage! I very rarely store extra sets! Usually ends up with me pking naked and ending the week in a full kit jcuffs egown + unique and or rare rofl. Maybe I'm the only one who has this luck so I don't care if I die with it?!?

Enok

Post by Enok » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:41 am

Dear Rig,

Burn incoming:

Some people keep extra sets so that they don't lose their dung and start screaming across races and alts about various IC engagements when they die.

Also:

Moving kits (and uniques) cross race definitely counts as keeping extra sets.
Never understood why people have an shiny things in storage! I very rarely store extra sets! Usually ends up with me pking naked and ending the week in a full kit jcuffs egown + unique and or rare rofl. Maybe I'm the only one who has this luck so I don't care if I die with it?!?

Paj

Post by Paj » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:47 am

I really, really, really, want automated auction house back.

Lets use this to let people sell/buy full sets, sets of trinks, and basic weapons. Nothing under condition Excellent. Let the auctioneer say 'Nobody will buy that crap!"

No rare weapons. Don't even let people try to abuse this again stupidly.

raek

Post by raek » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:07 pm

There used to be an automated auction house in this game?! That sounds awesome. I second that idea.

Rig

Post by Rig » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:20 pm

Enok wrote:Dear Rig,

Burn incoming:

Some people keep extra sets so that they don't lose their dung and start screaming across races and alts about various IC engagements when they die.

Also:

Moving kits (and uniques) cross race definitely counts as keeping extra sets.
HA! I knew I liked you!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Paj wrote:I really, really, really, want automated auction house back.
I tried. The relevant code that actually gives people the items they won and deducts it from people's bank accounts has been disabled or removed. I've asked Flash to look at it, but we're months later by now. The reality is that not much coding is happening, so continue wishing (like I continue wishing for a statting fix), but don't expect anything.

@Raek, people were abusing it, setting the price for a common item very high so it wouldn't sell. Then the "seller" could pick up the item later, essentially storing it free of charge.

raal

Post by raal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Could we try having a shop that retains wares over boots and buys and sells top of the line equipment?

IE
Elite blacksmith in Fal Dara

For sale(buy price)

Shining breastplate - 400 gold (100 gold)
Ebony Greaves - 150 gold (40 gold)
Ebony vambraces - 150 gold (40 gold)
Full helmet - 100 gold (25 gold)
Thick boots - 50 gold (10 gold)
Gauntlets - 50 gold (10 gold)

I think this would be a really good sink and we could perhaps add combo/dodge in other cities if it works...

raal

Post by raal » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Just learned of another awesome system and maybe could use its concept here...

There is a system where a wisdom can sell vials to broker for quest points, and other characters can then acquire the vials for an obsidian pendant. Very cool system and I got to see it work today and was very impressed - just a great way to connect LS players.

Maybe have a merchant and armor smith clan that works the same way - the smith gets together an abs/combo/dodge kit and gives it a specific mob. Other characters then can get those items in exchange for gold (or item like obsidian). I really like the idea that gold becomes very valuable because you can always farm gold solo, and it kind of levels the playing field (assuming we removed the recent bug that devalued it).

A second thought - the weapons crafting guilds are awesome - I think everyone should check them out...but I also think the *top* weapon of each class should only load via the guild (or special raids/loads). I think this would make raids more fun as we would have more top weapons to win that aren't op (herons, etc) and furthermore those that specialize in crafting would become renown and their services highly valued.

Paj

Post by Paj » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:10 pm

^ +1

While I haven't spent the time or energy in one of these guilds, I would invest my gold into their work. Rarify top-end guild work away from smobs so others can buy it from them. Then they can use the gold for however. Materials, other guilds, however. Gold economy!