Feedback request: the April weapons changes.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
pial

Re: Feedback request: the April weapons changes.

Post by pial » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:32 pm

The amount of people who can berserk attack is too high, which makes playing a dodger rough if you are below hurt. Removing attack from fades who already have enough bonuses as is helps with that problem. Fades also have plenty of mobs located all over they can use to rescue themselves, as well as group their horse. Berserking is inherently less risky on a fade than on a warrior, removing some of the downsides.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Fade attack is stupid, defending it is stupid. Your just being greedy if you do. You can't sit here and tell me zerk fades aren't a problem. The fact that you say well it's a counter because you can die. Lol I laugh at this, sure you can die, you can die anytime you make a mistake. The majority if zerking I see from fades is in pretty much no lose situations. Which is when DS clearly outnumbers LS. Or a solo LS or low number of LS is on and trying to pk against a group. The majority of my deaths are caused by zerk attack and outnumbered. This is basically just fades rolling around zerk with sick weapons and a group at there back. Fades are a joke and have been a joke for awhile compared to anything else.

Since we apparently can't remove master postures. Because no one wants to allow a coder around or whatever the reason is. This would be a good start to making a over bonused char a little less bonused. Zerk attack should of never really came back for fades. Was against it when it happened and it still is a joke. The argument that well it causes a lot of the big boys to die is laughable. Sure it can, which it absolutely should.... How is that an argument lol. If you choose to go berserk you accept the outcomes. Like I said the majority of zerking I see from fades is in general no lose situations. Very seldom does LS have the extra people or coordination to take advantage of this.

Sblades and damage, still don't see the issue here. You have a weapon that can't bash much. On generally a rogue with attack. If you want fleebie rogues trying stabs all the time sure go ahead down the melee damage. Some rogues actually try and melee and use mobs when they need to. Which is very affective, I'm one of them. I don't even try to stab, stab is a after thought. Non master rogues are nothing to complain about. When a master gets attack, no matter it be sblades or whatever weapon your going to wreck. That's just a given. Why are we trying to hurt all the other non master rogues and make them rely on stab? I prefer a rogue that has decent melee damage over a flee stabbing rogue all day every day.

People complaining about not being able to beat a rogue in 1 on 1 or whatever in abs is funny. They have attack...they generally are going to double your hits. Attack is a big thing. You couple that with master damage and of course there going to shred your dung. It's just a given... But if your gonna sit here and say you can't win vs a rogue or a master rogue because of there melee damage. I'm going to have to laugh in your face. It's easily doable, you just have to play smart. You have a big heavy abs weapon that in general has nice damage. You are in a set that takes small to maybe medium amounts of damage if it's a master against you. You go to a mob, you zerk and you bash them. Your going to wreck them because there in combo, or dodge. Sblade damage is not a problem. Absers act like there supposed to live forever and be as good or better then someone in a full combo/dodge kit. Your kit takes nothing to aquire, abs and abs weapons are extremely abundant. Absers shouldn't be wanting to live forever in the first place.

Totally in line with downing stab damage though. You should never go from high hurt plus to dead in 1 shot unless there berserk.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Again the argument all relates back to master damage. You add attack and master damage together it's a dung show. It's not a sblade damage issue. It's a bonus issue, if it's fades or masters in general attack wrecks.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:43 pm

I believe that stab dmg is also character based...maybe that's just me. Remember the time I stabbed you from beat to high crit apple, Sarryn?!? My stab sucks :(

Rig

Post by Rig » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Also, it doesn't even have to be a master rogue...it can be any master using sblades or a weapon with attack and they are going to do high dmg to you in that amount of time. Stab is terrible, waaaaaay harder to use than it used to be. But we are derailing so hard talking about stab dmg and rogues and absers, fades with zerk attack ECT.

@Sarryn I'll contribute some more to the derailing, other than the ballsy warriors and abers who don't care about dying, how often do you see anyone berk in a losing situation? Its almost always in a door or if you are winning that people start going berk. Sure, going berserk can change the fight to your side, but I rarely see people ballsy enough to berk without knowing it's a win.

@Pial it's so easy to call a vulturing channie when a Fade goes berserk :P. I've seen it happen multiple times within a few hours of pk. Usually channies end up fballing mobs or anyone but the berserk fade like idiots, which leads to ds winning those fights. Other times Evisc dies and I tell him how big a newb he is after I loot him.

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:15 am

Exactly my point Rig. From a lot of my pk experience..fades etc go zerk when they know there's not much chance of losing. Like when LS is far outnumbered or someone is stuck outside. I see it all the time. And while there is some risk. Given a group could show up, generally even then they will hit blockers first. Fades don't need zerk attack with herons etc on top of there ample bonuses.Handheld asfk. Is to much.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:31 am

I get what you're saying, but wouldn't the same apply to all peopel with zerk attack? Zerk fades does make it a bit easier to kill them if you have the plan set up. I don't think removing zerk from gaidin or fades would help with anything. Also, with some of the gaidin who are warriors, wouldn't that directly impact their zerk attack as well? Making them completely useless as a warrior, just making them thieves with a weapon and bash pracced.

pial

Post by pial » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 am

pial wrote: And before some idiot talks about zerk baiting realize you need numbers to do that which is something lacking!

Sarryn

Post by Sarryn » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:45 am

0 issues with zerking master warriors. Besides master part which I've always stated to be a joke. That's there thing though. They lose auto track for it. A decent trade off. You are comparing an apple to a pea. Fades to everyone else. They already have ample bonuses. They don't need zerk attack. If you think fades having zerk attack doesn't create a lot kills or win fights. Well I'm sorry but your very daft. Guarantee I and a lot of others would of died a lot less. It's extremely powerful coupled with herons etc

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:13 am

I'm not it doesn't win fights. I'm pointing out reasons why we can't remove zerk attack for fades/warmers ect.

The whole "how are the weapon changes and what do you think needs upped/downed" thread turned into "Down Fades/Gaidin cz they are 2op"

Who gives a flying firetruck tbh, a Fade zerk with a jagged is going to do the same dmg as a warrior zerk with a jagged, ect. We are talking about downing and upping weapons, not removing bonuses that are combatable.