Feedback request: the April weapons changes.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Davor

Re: Feedback request: the April weapons changes.

Post by Davor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:54 pm

I agree with whoever said to remove jagged edged, I&G, and half moon scimitar. Just keep OCG and Lamans. Then you will have different weapons being used.

If you want to save pracs you can go spears, polearms, or staves which are fairly well balanced against the current 1 handed weapons.

The whole RP thing and in the books they used xxx is silly. Nothing on this game resembles the books (and thats good) and game play should always trump trying to mirror the books.

Paj

Post by Paj » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:26 pm

Blasphemy.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Davor wrote:The whole RP thing and in the books they used xxx is silly. Nothing on this game resembles the books (and thats good) and game play should always trump trying to mirror the books.
Did you just stop reading after the first of the 3 arguments or what? :P

Davor

Post by Davor » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:06 pm

No I did not. They were just silly and made no sense and are quite frankly wrong.

1.) One less item to equip. Seriously? Silver etcheds are common, dull blacks are nearly as good. Full wooden shields used to be a fine option too :p Or use staves, tridents, spears.

2.) Low int? Come on. On Lightside the availability of practices makes this a non-issue. On DS even with 7-8 int I used a heron for 90% of my time as a trolloc and did fine. I couldn't get 99 of everything but definitely 95 weapon 95 bash then everything else 90ish.

My point is that the easiest way to fix this problem of lack of variety is to get rid of the completely overpowered items that also happen to be incredibly common. The hardest way is to go about trying to fix each and every individual weapon amongst 6-7 classes. If you think about it, right now the weapon classes are actually fairly well balanced except for the gross outlier - 2 handed long blades that is why I suggested you need to have an equivalent of this in every class, THEN you can go and tweak things. If you want great bash you could go tridents or clubs. If you want a great balance of it all you could go 1h long blades. If you want multi hit with some good bash and damage you could go chains. If you want charge, great OB and good damage you could go spears. If you want attack you would always go sblades - people who go fencing blades are retarded. Channelers who go fencing blades should be deleted. Med blades have never really fit in outside of the heron, gleaming blacksword, and about 10 years ago the RQ sword was very popular for 6 months. One handed axes -would need very minor tweaking with one of them getting weight and some OB.

Defense, bash, OB, and damage. That is all it boils down to. A combination of these to kill a mob or a player. A jagged does it best at the least expense. No other weapon compares. Also, bash being broken means alot of the bashing points are moot. Going clubs for the "inherent bash bonus" is pointless. I challenge someone to actually check bashes landed comparing a bone club vs a jagged edged. If you take into account bashes I bet you they are even or a slight edge to the club. If you take into account actual damage and hitting your target which translates to kills I guarantee you the jagged blows the clubs away, or any weapon for that matter.

I don't understand the people saying jagged sucks on a non-master but is great on a master. Every weapon sucks equally on a non-master as compared to a master you retards!! That is the whole point in postures and master damage. If you think a jagged sucks on your non-master then every other weapon is completely hopeless.

I have never farmed a smob in my life. Until the jagged was formed. I farmed Ragan hard. But then again I always had a heron or OCG anyways.

Thore

Post by Thore » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:23 pm

"Every weapon sucks equally on a non-master as compared to a master you retards!!"

Ain't no math genius but seems to me daggers are inherently better with attack and master damage…

If a heron (e.g., 13. a heron mark blade [ 310] OB: 90, PB: 35, slash Dmg:5d8) deals on average 20 damage per hit/round, but with master damage deals 25, that's a 25% increase in damage.

If a dagger (e.g., 57. a silver sai [ 380] OB: 85, PB: 9, pierce Dmg:3d6) deals on average 9 damage per hit, but 18 damage per round, but with master damage gets 14 damage per hit that's 28 damage per round, which is 55.5% increase in damage.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:10 am

Everything is better with attack

pial

Post by pial » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:32 am

Davor wrote:
I don't understand the people saying jagged sucks on a non-master but is great on a master.

But then again I always had a heron or OCG anyways.
Perhaps you don't understand because you're talking out of your ass?

pial

Post by pial » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:46 am

I will say though that I wouldn't mind jagged being removed either. Between spears and polearms there's enough 2h options that give some defense. Jagged bashes full dodge too well for the ob and damage that it has while being a defensive two handed weapon.

The +15 pb that postures can give takes jagged from being a good weapon to a great weapon, the same goes for jade daggers. The +10 ob from leaving offensive on can turn leatherleaf from frustrating ob to viable. I agree with you though that jagged is the best overall package, but there's a bigger jump going from non-master to master using a jagged than using a spear (if you don't count charge) in terms of how well it can bash and going from okay defense to much nicer.

Roadeur

Post by Roadeur » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:24 am

Seems to me the single biggest balancing change to weapons would be making masters have to choose a posture and stick with it. I presume that's sadly coding however.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Roadeur wrote:Seems to me the single biggest balancing change to weapons would be making masters have to choose a posture and stick with it. I presume that's sadly coding however.
I'm afraid so.