Ls Pk academy.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Tempest

Ls Pk academy.

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:40 pm

This got bought up in another and I don't won't the idea to just fizzle out.

Most people agree LS biggest problem with Pk, is the trust and communication and team work that comes to Ds.

Lykan made a great point about how Ds bad behaviour policy and poor sportsmanship normally gets punished by others of Ds killing him or belting him up a bit. And ls have nothing to combat this.

I think a Academy like Tax and a few of the other oldies started, they were great days and a lot of people learned plus people got to mingle and chat.

I would love to organise something like this but for the next month or more my play times are minimal and during the grave yard shift of mud times. I will do whatever I can to help.

I just think some mock battles between 2 ls groups in all different zones, races to improve zone knowlegde, chokes, flies mob support, when to push a block and when to sit tight. People can talk about their strength and weakneses, and if you aren't leading to know your role, because depending on your class, setup, each member has a role in their group. And a leader class. But I think doing this once a month would be great, win cool stuff, make friends and learn how to work together.

Eg. As tempest the rogue, my job is easy stay in as low as possible, communicate my health constantly, and when the leader is chasing, spam your chortlesnorfling ass off, if I had the chance and depending on the zone I would run ahead and block. And a rogue should always scout, Anny's the dung out of me when answers go Pk and end up losing half their health doing it lol

Razhak

Re: Ls Pk academy.

Post by Razhak » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:00 pm

What we basically did in the Malkieri Academy was 4-5 classes

The recruits put {Malkieri Academy} in their titles and thus let others know they were looking to pk up north, but were new to it, hence making it easier to understand if people werent as fast or witty about northern PK.

The classes started always in FD.

The first class was held in outside the east gate and encompassed lessons about bashing, stabbing, 2lining, charging (all possible in that room) where people were just sparring (mainly experienced pkers) and they were explaining how things worked.

The second class was about group mechanics: leader, number of people in the group, how to fast dism/mount based on group number, what absers do in group fights, what channies do and so on. When to block, when to stay, how to regroup and so on (this class took the longest)

Third class was a field trip through northern zones.

Fifth class was also a field trip, but organised by a couple of students as a sort of exam.

The top two students got clanned/recommended. The others got the experience

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Yeah I remember when you guys first started this, was a great idea. The only thing I think would be easier to coordinate, is rather than go north and Pk whatever Ds is on, I would like those Ds to log on ls, set to sides, 'ds' and ls, and have group fights, with referees that can call stop and offer advice on on handle what scenario they happen to be.

Do you think this would be more effective? Cause I know with me, if I get given all the info and just set loose, it can get all jumbled up. But with live fights with referees following and offering advice. I think it would be easier to retain. Plus for the people that mainly play ls, seeing 'ds' narrates as well would be a great way for them to understand how Ds typically play and get to kniw their opponent a bit better.

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:56 pm

Do people play the mud who haven't been playing for 10+ years?

Honestly trying to learn to play now would be 90% impossible and pk would be HORRIBLE.

You would basically be trying to learn while outclassed by almost every person you fought...(master damage, fades, bonuses, stat rerolls, etc). Unless these things get changed I wouldn't expect to see any new people.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 pm

There are actually multiple new people and have been for months, including up north. But yes, what they have to go up against is a bit harsh.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:38 pm

I personally think it's actually easier and quicker for people to learn now. The environment is much gentler, people rarely even kill afk people now, and equipment returning hahaha. Back in the day just to lvl was a epic race from tree load to tree load between 10+ pairs trying to lvl. Or the 5 people that need the e-axe that loaded in Pk. Or the 1-3 smobbing groups fighting over smobs. Then you had the same siders, MCs, bandits, groups of them. They killed everyone.

No it's definitely not as a step of learning curve as it used to be, it's easier to stat, eq and lvl, the hardest part is learning zones.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:47 pm

I'll be home this weekend, so if you would like to be apart of this send me a message on here or my Skype is Dan.connelly6 and we can start doing our part!

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:11 pm

I'm happy to help out. Got a few busy weekends in the next month, but overall should be around.

It might be useful to put up a poll with options about what people would be interested in if they attended. Likewise, it will be helpful if people can post what they want to hear or what would be helpful to them.

Tempest

Post by Tempest » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 pm

I was thinking Ecthus that we could maybe run a couple of them at different times and dates. Gives a couple of options and people might even attend both.

And yes if people who are interested in attending this as a player, please feel free to post anything that would interest you or you would like to learn more about.

People that are interested in teaching can you mail Ecthus or myself, and we can start brainstorming. Raz your help would be greatly appreciated if you are able to. As you have done this a number of times

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 pm

Rig will help!