Ls Pk academy.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Vaeyl Mazakeen

Re: Ls Pk academy.

Post by Vaeyl Mazakeen » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:07 pm

I'm in, let us know what you plan to do.

Playtimes are +2-12hrs after boot, should be around a bit this weekend!

krul

Post by krul » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:46 pm

Zeeb wrote:Do people play the mud who haven't been playing for 10+ years?

Honestly trying to learn to play now would be 90% impossible and pk would be HORRIBLE.

You would basically be trying to learn while outclassed by almost every person you fought...(master damage, fades, bonuses, stat rerolls, etc). Unless these things get changed I wouldn't expect to see any new people.
I've been playing since September '09, even if I've only been active for about 3 of those years, and I know there are others who joined around the same time. You're right that it'd be a very different experience, learning how to play now. I started on DS, which was much more newb friendly, and I remember even back then on LS, when I made a brief, failed attempt at a character the first thing that happened was I got lost somewhere on Caemlyn Road, lightless, hungry, thirsty, and it was actually quite exciting because I felt like I was alive inside Robert Jordan's world. If I didn't have that sense of wonder about the fantasy world, there's no way I would've stuck around. I can't even remember my first PK, I was too terrified to leave GK for a long time, and my wildest dreams were about becoming a Dhai'mon. I don't think it mattered to me back then about bonuses, there were so many people on and so much PK, and I was so ignorant, that it didn't make a difference. With activity the way it is now, though, those bonuses and skill differences become so much more apparent.

Anyway, I don't think I'm in any position to be giving people advice about PK, but if there's some way I can help I'd be happy to lend a hand.

raek

Post by raek » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 am

This sounds awesome! I've been playing only a couple months, and am loving it so far. Zeeb is right about one thing, the PK is hard. However, I love the adrenalin flow, even though I die every time. All my pk so far has been same side, except a couple quick experiences where ds came south. I'm a little worried about going near blight, not because I'm afraid to die (that's a fun and expected part of the game), but because I don't want to get others killed because I have no idea what I'm doing. When they all narrated out things like "ent" and "orch" I have no idea what they're talking about, and it's not something I can be taught in the heat of the battle. I have a map I use, and could label some of these places, so if the academy includes a stop at the big pk sots so i can label, I'm all in. Then I can try this and learn without holding others back!