Jesus Christ - I think this was the year before I started

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.

Paridora

Re: Jesus Christ - I think this was the year before I started

Post by Paridora » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:17 am

I wonder if "and new command for blocking exits introduced" was ambush...

Paj

Post by Paj » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:28 am

Should totally be a command.

"Block east"
*timer* *you set yourself in position*
*anyone* enters from west.
*anyone* attempts to go east, but you block his attempt!
*auto-engage*

Yet if they come in room and go another direction, no block/Agro.

Emdawe

Post by Emdawe » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:42 am

There was at one point an actual block command that blocked off people passing through, but from what I remember it only ever worked in a few rooms. I think allw or allw 1s of Caemlyn was one of those.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:06 pm

We tested block at one point when that round-table was in effect. Nothing happened with it, but it woukd have changed ALOT of the strategy of the game.

suern

Post by suern » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Emdawe wrote:There was at one point an actual block command that blocked off people passing through, but from what I remember it only ever worked in a few rooms. I think allw or allw 1s of Caemlyn was one of those.
Block the road. You pulled a bush across the road and the group leader would go through solo. Anyone could get through but it split the group. Was where this guy said.

Elodin

Post by Elodin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:39 pm

Relatively sure that was MOBOL west of Caemlyn. We've discussed imping similar things at different places, but haven't for various reasons.

Could make for an interesting monthly change - have to go get some sort of woodcutters axe, go do something and cut down a tree, then you can block certain rooms for certain amounts of time. People who didn't like it could similarly have some function to remove the block. Or something.

krul

Post by krul » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:12 pm

suern wrote:
Emdawe wrote:There was at one point an actual block command that blocked off people passing through, but from what I remember it only ever worked in a few rooms. I think allw or allw 1s of Caemlyn was one of those.
Block the road. You pulled a bush across the road and the group leader would go through solo. Anyone could get through but it split the group. Was where this guy said.
This was a feature of another MUD I was involved in, it only worked in designated rooms and only in one direction. Pretty interesting. But in that place you could also specify the direction of your flees and could block people from fleeing with another command, if you timed it right and chose the correct direction, and there were no dlines, so the entire PK dynamic was quite different.

Mantorok

Post by Mantorok » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:08 pm

Block is what the iron golem (and Roc) do in GF is all. DIdn't know it had ever been considered for players to use though.

Thore

Post by Thore » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:28 pm

I remember searching for all the fallen logs, which were eventually going to be block points. Think the West of Caem one was the only one that got tested though.