ABS uniques and rares

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Pulverwise

Re: ABS uniques and rares

Post by Pulverwise » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:56 am

Splitting up combo and dodge uniques is silly. Let's just say there are 16 'defence' uniques (although with some uncertainty around daggers loading again)

Of those, your list of 'awesome' is also way off. Every single one of those listed is better than the 'normal weapon' alternative. Some of them are stupidly good because they're based off a rare - k-sword, Lamans etc.. each one of them tends to give higher damage than an alternative but also additional defence.

Abs weapons would just make you more offensive (not in a Pial way).

pial

Post by pial » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:04 am

Pulverwise wrote:
Abs weapons would just make you more offensive (not in a Pial way).
There's not a weapon in this game that could make you more offensive!

Venum

Post by Venum » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:53 am

Yeah, that Turak dude definitely wasn't using an abs heron, he was dressed in freaky lord garb with emo nails and his servants were all naked. But yeah he was a blademaster with a heron, I remember because Rand saw it and was like awwwwww dung. But then he beat him somehow. Same thing when Galad killed that corrupt CoL guy... he was better but Galad slow played him Muhumad Ali style and then slayed him.

I did a re-read of the first book, because it is so awesome, but I really don't have the time to go re-reading 8000 more pages :P

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 am

Turak apparently had a last name I think I never heard before:

https://library.tarvalon.net/index.php? ... rak_Aladon

Turak catches Rand, Mat, Perrin, Ingtar and Hurin as they sneak into Falme. In the fight that follows, Rand barely manages to defeat Turak, who is a blademaster (TGH, Ch. 45).

I pulled up that chapter and Turak was definitely not using an abs heron, considering he wasn't wearing any armor at all. He was fighting Rand with bare arms and chest and wearing nothing but a sash holding up white trousers with pleats. :o

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:13 pm

He was obviously just throwing salt on Rand "Zarth style," using abs-heron naked. It was a big, curved, seanchan sword. I always imagined seanchan swords as big scimitars, and I remember this one being described as not looking like anything normal to Rand.

#saltlife

Venum

Post by Venum » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:40 pm

Good good.... I've got immortals using the term "abs heron" my plan is working!

Lykan

Post by Lykan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:03 pm

I'm glad Arkaza understands me! I never meant he was wearing armor...I remember him being a perfumed jackass with crazy-long fingernails. I just meant that I thought his sword was unusually large or long or something. Maybe the hilt was just longer to accommodate his nancy fingernails, idk. Maybe I'm just misremembering or drew the wrong impression, too, it's been quite a while.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:52 pm

There's a reference to Turak drawing "the heavy, curved sword". But I have no idea if that's a Seanchan thing or a personal thing.

krul

Post by krul » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Seanchan style was generally very curvy.

arkaza

Post by arkaza » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:35 am

Jordan describes a scimitar without saying "the guy wielded a scimitar," just like a normal heron is described as a katana without saying as much.