ABS uniques and rares

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
krul

Re: ABS uniques and rares

Post by krul » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:45 pm

Ding ding ding ding.

Someone speaks from the Light 'You need two hands free to wield a large, heron marked longsword.'

Astolfo

Post by Astolfo » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Thanks to the Staff for this!

Pulverwise

Post by Pulverwise » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:58 am

Thanks for looking at this imm-peoples! I look forward to seeing if some tainted mauls start floating around, and muchos excited about Blue Scourge change.

I'm totally not sold on a 13lb 'abs weapon' yet, but I'll await some experience of missing 37 bashes in a row before I commit to that :P

Venum

Post by Venum » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:36 am

Thanks to the imms for keeping this game alive by listening to its player base and being active. Much appreciated.

Paj

Post by Paj » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:46 am

Pulverwise wrote:Thanks for looking at this imm-peoples! I look forward to seeing if some tainted mauls start floating around, and muchos excited about Blue Scourge change.

I'm totally not sold on a 13lb 'abs weapon' yet, but I'll await some experience of missing 37 bashes in a row before I commit to that :P
I think it goes down the path of being a superior OB/dmg for smashing through the enemy. Having bash in there would be somewhat having the cake and eating it. No or little parry to emphasize its use, its a straight offense, there's no protecting oneself with it other than the players normal defense/parry. I LIKE IT and look forward to trying it. A berserker's dream and dodger's nightmare.

Swords OB and PARRY, Axes DMG, Clubs BASH. Superior weapons in these categories would have more of the other two components. Yet no weapon should be great at OB, DMG, BASH, and PARRY, which makes them stupid sick (lamans) and as previously said would tend to reside on one superb player. I would imagine herons being 15lbs is supposed to reduce the bash component. Not as much as it should in my opinion. I don't recall Lan or Rand bashing anyone with a heron. So I would have marked it up more to high OB/PARRY and decent DMG.

Just opinion.

Pulverwise

Post by Pulverwise » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 am

Yeah I get the idea behind it. Just when you take into account that a heron defence has all those components and weighs more, and offers the highest defence, it seems a bit like 'you can't have the cake and eat it' only applies to us poor, constantly dying (I'm thinking Zarth here) absers! Admittedly this thing has blistering high OB by the sound of it.

It's been a while since I had a super high OB but low weight weapon, but suspect zerking with it is going to cause a lot of issue when you find someone with 135+ db :P I'm already cursing the stinging cleaver for it's rubbish bash (but it doesn't have super high OB).

Like I said, will reserve proper judgement until I've had a play with one. Either way, some good changes to see some top-end variety for ABSers!

Emdawe

Post by Emdawe » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:18 pm

It has 1 more OB than a wickedly scythed, so nothing that godly. Seemed to bash combo just fine, but as the log shows in AoW, has issues against not even full dodge.

Elodin

Post by Elodin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:37 pm

We've gotten pretty lenient about the old "30 day rule" lately, but please refrain from whining about these changes until some time has gone by and/or we ask for feedback (and you've actually experienced the changes).

eviscerator

Post by eviscerator » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:08 pm

Name is awful waffle. All abs weaps smite boring sauce.

a massive blade marked by a heron

a heron marked two handed sword

a heron marked blade of steel

make it slash not smite.

maybe add 1lb after we have some more data.

Balancer

Post by Balancer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:11 pm

It seriously needs to be fixed. It should at least be 20 lbs, 5d10 dmg, and have more OB than malfeasor.