No Need to be a Baby

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rig

Re: No Need to be a Baby

Post by Rig » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:44 pm

Mobs are boring and only good for smobbing or bashing those silly WB

Paj

Post by Paj » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Rig wrote:Mobs are boring and only good for smobbing or bashing those silly WB
Rig wishes he were a Ghar'ghael mastermob. Then he would be loved and awesome.

Rig

Post by Rig » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:21 pm

I was actually Ghar'ghael Master for a day. Those mobs were not good at bashing yellow eyes.

Choen

Post by Choen » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:47 am

You'll get a full abs kit on two smobs you can solo in 15 mins - coldie and maegor. Happy hunting Orino

Venum

Post by Venum » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:58 am

First of all, ignore Pial, being an ass is just his thing.

The one thing to learn about mobs is: they are expendable cannon fodder. Now, that's easy to say for me since when one dies there's always more to replace it with, and you have to bring one a long way. So you could play conservative with it, maybe have it as a fall-back position stashed somewhere or even a trap to help you in a door. But bringing it blight, expect it to die. I have died multiple times trying to save a mob, or save the gear from a mob, and it is just not worth it. Don't worry about the qps you will end up hovering above 1000 even with losing mobs. So that's my advice: expect them to die, don't sweat the qps, and don't sacrifice yourself trying to save it or its eq.

One more tip: a great use for a mob is someone to spam FOR you. If you get really low, especially in abs, you can fall back to your mob and set an alias for "order mob kill dark" or whatever. People will chase hungry for your bad crit self but you basically have a teammate with you to protect you. If you give it a mattock or something you can have it bash pretty well too.