Feedback request: re: Summer of 2016

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Choen

Re: Feedback request: re: Summer of 2016

Post by Choen » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Felix/Felice were tops.
QP hand ins for southern clans was tops
Mob issuing barracks was tops
Kaj assisting SS was tops

Petra

Post by Petra » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 am

Oh, feedback on one thing I would like to see in future - a tangible impact/change on the mud.

Remember the quest where stupid Valiant saved Morgase and returned her to Caemlyn? It actually impacted something in the game. I'm sure there are other examples I can't remember that well - quests to open zones etc..

It would be nice to see an 'end quest' that actually has an on-going game impact, even if it's only a mob that has a story about it.

Also, capture the flag stuff is fun. Something like that in a quest is always great. The capture the boys quest, while ethically suspect, was a lot of fun. There are other CTF style examples that were great fun.

Enok

Post by Enok » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:01 am

Petra wrote:Oh, feedback on one thing I would like to see in future - a tangible impact/change on the mud.

Remember the quest where stupid Valiant saved Morgase and returned her to Caemlyn? It actually impacted something in the game. I'm sure there are other examples I can't remember that well - quests to open zones etc..

It would be nice to see an 'end quest' that actually has an on-going game impact, even if it's only a mob that has a story about it.
So much this. The experience is so much better if there's something tangible at stake.

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 am

Petra wrote: Remember the quest where stupid Valiant was given Morgase and then hidden as he went south? It actually impacted something in the game. I'm sure there are other examples I can't remember that well - quests to open zones etc..
Fixed that for you. #staybitter

Tran

Post by Tran » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:10 am

Thank you for all the summer festivities! I thoroughly enjoyed logging on and checking forums daily for new and interesting temporary updates.

A few of my favorites :

+1 exp multiplier for LS : Just wonderful.
Old Qpt mob. (3-5-7) : Smaller playerbase, less deaths, less quest points flowing. Qpts for scalps should be 3-5-7.
Scalp turn in Clerk in Fal Dara. : Saves so much time for clanned people with far away bases and allows to continue pk as FD is made into more of a hub.
Master Mob issuing stations : The idea rocks again much like the Clerk, less worldwide movement and more centralizing is great.
Weary Merchant Assistant : I didn't get to use him as much as I would have liked, but when you can kill an abser and change his kit into combo for yourself for some cash, that's awesome!
Stater Kits : Awesome upgrade
The mercenary mob : Really cool and was fun to have as an exp partner or a smobbing mercenary.
The Auction : Even with the money shenanigans, I think that overall a lot of players won things and the randomness made it fun for everyone. And 800000+ gold crowns are out of the game. (Wow)!
Bounty Hunter : Quests for the less-PK inclined is always a good thing.
Bounty Hunter Quest Month : Same as above.
Chits being loaded on random mob types and being loaded in general was awesome.

I don't think it was ever announced as such, but loading Hydra and 1 other unique? on random northern smobs for LS and DS to fight over who got it first was definitely an interesting event. I think it's too bad Hydra was no-rent, but then again I don't know how OP it was so maybe its ok.

I am sure I am forgetting some. It was a very fun summer of events and thank you again!