Feedback request: re: Summer of 2016

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Feedback request: re: Summer of 2016

Post by Elysia » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:39 am

All,

I'd appreciate some feedback on the things that were done for the Summer of 2016 event series.

After a thread on forums saying LS needs help, there was a big focus on LS in an effort to draw people back in and re-introduce people who moved to other sides to LS again. Having seen some old names return to the game and seeing some DS players try LS did happen, so in that regard the effect was as we'd hoped for.

However, we obviously put in all this effort for players, so I'd like to hear your opinions. What did you like, what didn't you like? What worked and what didn't work? Which, if any, things would you like to see return next summer? Are there any other things you would like to see?

Thank you if you do respond,

Ely

Petra

Re: Feedback request: re: Summer of 2016

Post by Petra » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:29 am

I thought overall it was great, lots of dynamic things to do, lots of variety.

Liked:
+1 bonus for exp on LS
The new zone quest thing
Statting boost
exp multipliers generally

Dislike:
Stabbing mobs during quests - this raid on Maradon was painful as a result.
The find room quests timing - feel like it was over before it begun in some ways. Maybe have 2 starting times for 2 different 'find rooms' quest?
The 3rd quest 'what do we do now'? I felt like maybe we needed an imm to complete the third quest - we found the diamond/whateverobject and then didn't know what to do. I still don't know what happened with this. Did Matheus turn it in? Did LS win? There didn't seem to be an 'end'.

Lottery - i quite liked the final lottery, although the first run through with the bug being cancelled made me resent people bugging gold!

Can't think if I maybe missed some events and stuff, but those are the ones that stood out in my mind.

Rark

Post by Rark » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:31 am

+1 bonus for human was great
3/5/7 scalp awards was good
Liked the new quest zone as well, was a fun quest, at least the final part

dislike:

New fd gate, but that might just be a monthly change and not summer change?

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:22 am

I had fun with it all, the gate was an added bonus for PK and support. The scalps, although I didn't take part, seemed a great idea.
The rest was great thinking and the summer was a fun one.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 am

Rark wrote:New fd gate, but that might just be a monthly change and not summer change?
That's just a September temporary change. I've always wondered what the plans were for that east gate, where it was supposed to connect. Figured it would be fun to at least have it be in use as a gate for once in what? 20 odd years?

Brocas

Post by Brocas » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:21 am

I personally like the east gate connection!

Darlana

Post by Darlana » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:17 am

like: stating boost, exp multipliers
dislike: bug in new quest zone that boomed me into unescapable ds area without any refunds to me

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:30 am

Yes, the apt followed guide of not working people into doors/cities was ages ago, and forgotten in that quest.

Paigey

Post by Paigey » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:46 pm

Adored the mob issuing barracks. Allowed me to actually enjoy mob lead and be able to play in little bursts. I'm not in a situation where I can just play for hours on end - life happens, family wants attention.

Really enjoyed Felice - thought it was fun to see her out. Props to whoever picked her loading sites - putting her in little dead ends of zones. I'd know she was in the one, but I'd be exploring for quite awhile trying to get her.

I know it wasn't Summer stuff, but enjoyed some of the temporary smob changes were great- ie. tribal leader was great (gave the zone a purpose for once) and dwellers was actually worth hitting (skeptical how much it has been hit since the change).

Mercenaries was hilarious - understandable it can't remain, but cute to give people a chance to briefly enjoy moblead.

pial

Post by pial » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 pm

Scalp rewards should definitely be kept at 3/5/7!

I'm not sure if the leatherleaf seedlings were a summer thing, but they are gone now and it's back to being an absolutely horrible experience stating.